advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same with the fat liar’s Saturday Parliamentary sitting stunt. Eve of war 1939. The bogus Churchill will have the neck to get up in a Parliament with Churchill’s grandson, who he threw out of the Conservative Party, sitting behind him.

Yesterday was all about the optics for Johnson as part of his GE campaign. Brexit objectives remain a combination of incompatible and hugely damaging. So a large chunk of support will not be happy somewhere along the line. Probably Arleen and the Bone squad.

This type of stunt is aimed at the uncomplicated audience he is pitching for. Love the fact that Johnson is doing everything to avoid actually going to Europe personally, wonder why?

Yesterday was all about the optics for Johnson as part of his GE campaign. Brexit objectives remain a combination of incompatible and hugely damaging.

This type of stunt is aimed at the rather uncomplicated audience he is pitching for.
He’s probably going to get Geoffrey Cox up as his warm up act then use the the session as a live streamed shocker showing Boris as Tribune of the Plebs vs Parliament aka The Elite. He’s so transparently shallow and self-serving, entirely prepared to take the country down with him. I hope the real Churchill gets to his feet and shames him for convening a fake wartime Parliament.

I understand why the company car market relies on a fast turnover of vehicles and the desire to replace old for new but for private buyers the old expression more money than sense comes to mind. According to the RAC there are 32 million cars on the UK's roads - nearly one for every adult.

He’s probably going to get Geoffrey Cox up as his warm up act then use the the session as a live streamed shocker showing Boris as Tribune of the Plebs vs Parliament aka The Elite. He’s so transparently shallow and self-serving, entirely prepared to take the country down with him. I hope the real Churchill gets to his feet and shames him for convening a fake wartime Parliament.

All part of the "people will accept reduced circumstances if they can be convinced they are at war" narrative. Classic Dom. It's all everyone else's fault.

I understand why the company car market relies on a fast turnover of vehicles and the desire to replace old for new but for private buyers the old expression more money than sense comes to mind. According to the RAC there are 32 million cars on the UK's roads - nearly one for every adult.

I'm not sure what your point is. Some may buy older cars out of a sense of virtue, but I doubt it covers many. As you state here, it's the reduced cost that appeals and makes it a good option.

That quickly goes as a significant incentive if you reduce supply. It's only the constant flow of new vehicles that keeps used ones affordable for many people.

For there to be older cars for you to feel virtuous about buying, there needs to be new ones. Is this Brexiteer logic?
I don' t feel virtuous about buying old cars so Brexiteer logic real or perceived not in play here. Thanks for caring though. I will be sure to inform you if there is any change in my vehicle virtuosity/Brexiteer logic state.

Roy

I don' t feel virtuous about buying old cars so Brexiteer logic real or perceived not in play here. Thanks for caring though. I will be sure to inform you if there is any change in my vehicle virtuosity/Brexiteer logic state.

Roy

Oh really, I must have imagined this part then.
Good. Think of the environment.

And as for this, fewer cars would make them unaffordable for many people who need them.
Less cars in the world is a good thing in my book.

Why the whining then?
What whining? Just pointing out the idiocy of the latest story you linked to.

They'll be even pricier if the UK imposes the same 9.8% tariff as the EU on cars from third countries.
So what? If a hike of 10% prevents a private purchase of a new car you could buy a Hyundai, or something cheaper from elsewhere.

An example was tthere up-thread and it prompted me to write my post.

You can look for it yourself.
Only in your mind.

Johnson, his cronies and backers are part of ‘the establishment’. I haven’t seen any regular insistence or reference from leave supporters that remain politicians are ‘the establishment’.

Which, gentle reminder, you failed to explain or justify after posting. Time to do so?
Treason
The crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government.
This is in effect what Bercow and the Lib Dems are doing by offering encouragement to the EU that another referendum and remaining is an option favoured by the UK. This is undermining the elected government who are striving to get a deal which will allow us to be trading partners with our friends in Europe, and at the same time removing the federal control of the EU.
The countries of Europe need to trade to survive, lets hope common sense will prevail.

What whining? Just pointing out the idiocy of the latest story you linked to.

So what? If a hike of 10% prevents a private purchase of a new car you could buy a Hyundai, or something cheaper from elsewhere.

Only in your mind.

Johnson, his cronies and backers are part of ‘the establishment’. I haven’t seen any regular insistence or reference from leave supporters that remain politicians are ‘the establishment’.

I have frequently seen such insistence and reference. The narrative is framed as "the people versus the establishment."

The example here which prompted me to write my post on the issue was from Colin Barrron yesterday.

I have quoted the relevant part. My emphasis in bold:

Listening to the likes of Verhofstadt telling us the consequences will be worse for the UK if trade is made more difficult, when actually the whole of Europe will sink into recession is not going to wash with the public. They have done project fear now its toilet paper. Will it work? Maybe, the likes of Bercow and the establishment will get a result and remain. I watched a couple of hours yesterday of the EU parliament and the debate was toxic, the partisan mild disagreement has turned to angry contempt on both sides.
I still believe the establishment will achieve a UK Remain/ May deal and for a billion a month the EU will continue its Federal path.

I suspect you knew this but sought to waste my time.

Btw, my car is a Korean-built Hyundai, my wife's is a Kia. And there is no 'elsewhere' either. It's either Korea or UK - if there is anything left in the UK.

Someone needs to read up on WTO rules. Look up MFN.

Sorry SteveS1, I made the assumption that these days everybody was concerned for the environment.

Why pay over the odds for a new car and all the draw on resources and energy to make it when there is an existing pool of 31 million vehicles many of them available to buy locally and would satisfy the buyers requirements?

Just saying Ray

Is it another Brexit moosn’t groomble Special?
I saw a man looking like a more thick set version of Andrew Bridgen at the next table to me this morning, DM open at David Littlejohn - “Toilet Paper Or Not- We Will Get Through This”. I took that as a ‘wipe after reading’ suggestion.

Btw, my car is a Korean-built Hyundai.

Great, an answer to a question that we weren't asking.

As you've mentioned it however, I will humour you and add thatI ran their Coupe when I was working in the Middle East - it was fun to drive and didn't cost much - bought second-hand of course (on account of my virtuosity).

Raab

Treason
The crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government.
This is in effect what Bercow and the Lib Dems are doing by offering encouragement to the EU that another referendum and remaining is an option favoured by the UK. This is undermining the elected government who are striving to get a deal which will allow us to be trading partners with our friends in Europe, and at the same time removing the federal control of the EU.
The countries of Europe need to trade to survive, lets hope common sense will prevail.

But trying to bribe smaller EU states to veto a request for an extension and thwart an Act of Parliament is not treason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back