advertisement

Trump Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don,

The great and unmatched wisdom tweet set a new bar. That I'm certain of.

Joe

I'm starting to think Trump may be in over his head. Is it possible that he's ill-suited to the position he holds?

joe.

if you can say/invent whatever you like on the spot and have it reported, there are not many head limits.

I'm starting to think Trump may be in over his head. Is it possible that he's ill-suited to the position he holds?

Joe
I don't comment on political discussions, mostly because I feel I don't know enough about the subjects being discussed and/or my opinion is of little worth or interest. I have however been been watching Donald Trump in office and I am beginning to get the idea and feel confident in expressing my view that he's an idiot.

I'm starting to suspect that Trump is also as ill-tempered as a cassowary. And as everyone knows, a cassowary is an ill-tempered bird!

Why anyone would keep a cassowary instead of an emu is beyond me, but here we are.

C3_Tx9LWcAAQzJK.jpg

Joe

Reactions: vuk
joe.

if you can say/invent whatever you like on the spot and have it reported, there are not many head limits.

When you live in an age where decree by Tweet traveling through fiber optic at the speed of light and onto cell towers for consumption in tandem with Chinese crap and american services on pocket-sized touchscreens to mine the illusions of shallow self-victory, money and happiness ... how do you not conclude that the sum of our ambition has been to exploit our worst attributes for profit.

When you live in an age where decree by Tweet traveling through fiber optic at the speed of light and onto cell towers for consumption in tandem with Chinese crap and american services on pocket-sized touchscreens to mine the illusions of shallow self-victory, money and happiness ... how do you not conclude that the sum of our ambition has been to exploit our worst attributes for profit.

Can you stop being so perceptive ? It is depressing.

Trump tweets ought to be fed into a learning algorithm and after his death be allowed to tweet a live running commentary at his funeral.

That sum of ambitions was obvious to any one who grew up watching commercial TV and reflected on it some. ...

sorry to interrupt the california hippie love fest, but this may be interesting. is trump playing 3D chess with the media and, if so, how do republicans manage to understand it?

Jimmy Dore, I assume, meets your high academic standards?

jimmy dore is essentially a progressive, non-corporate trevor noah. a comedian, doing political material. i don't apply a full academic standard, but if i did, he'd score at least a c+.

not sure what your level of french is, but it would be fantastic (and i'd be glad to help) if you could get your hands on the documentary called "Les nouveaux chiens de garde". one of the main points is about the celebrity (and half-celebrity) media figures being part of the same social class as the political and corporate figure they report on. note that "class" is not necessarily/entirely based on wealth, but actual social interaction related to profession and position. it's one of those things that makes you feel silly for not having considered something so obvious. well, at least that's the case for me.

so, right on cue, jimmy displays similar analytic sophistication (or something approximating it) just today:

whatever you make of jimmy or my take on things, i do hope you make an effort to watch the french documentary.

p.s. here it is (part 1 with links to the rest) with awful border:

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back