advertisement

Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

Hi Smike
Great electronic thread we have here...……………………. even if we drift from the title a bit....lol
Haelos I have drifted through on YouTube many times and I am not convinced that either of their albums is "good enough" for me to buy. Individual tracks...…….another universe...………..very good.
The same maybe applies to Hammock, but they are nearer to a buy, IMO :)

Lorn is maybe a bit/far too near dance for this thread, but his music is absolutely and totally on the nail for me :)

A damned fine video too -

Hi Smike
Great electronic thread we have here...……………………. even if we drift from the title a bit....lol
Haelos I have drifted through on YouTube many times and I am not convinced that either of their albums is "good enough" for me to buy. Individual tracks...…….another universe...………..very good.
The same maybe applies to Hammock, but they are nearer to a buy, IMO :)

Lorn is maybe a bit/far too near dance for this thread, but his music is absolutely and totally on the nail for me :)

A damned fine video too -

Yes I agree with Haelos. individual tracks are good but not so keen on a whole album. I am liking Hammock and Lorn. Thanks will be exploring them more.

A touch of weird, anyone? - A couple of their records have been sitting in my "buy later" pile for quite a while........

Last edited:
A touch of weird, anyone? - A couple of their LPs have been sitting in my "buy later" pile for quite a while........

I like FKA Twigs, nice use of beats & a lovely voice. Been listening to her for quite some time, since I heard her cover Sia on BBC Live Lounge.

I like FKA Twigs, nice use of beats & a lovely voice................

Agreed, I am unsure why I haven't bought any of her stuff so far. Very individual.

My appologies to Tahliah Debrett Barnett, from Tewkesbury, assuming that the moniker was a band.

I just stumbled on this -

The vocals are completely unmistakable and are by one of my favourite artists - Anja Plaschg - maybe not one of her most trippy tracks........

Don't forget that while Bristol was in the trip hop limelight there was another fantastic album taking shape in the nation's capital, that was cruelly overlooked....

Archive - Londinium

archive-londinium-vinyl-lp-2xlp-rare-deleted-trip-hop-nm-listen-no-reserve_11471795

Trip-hop-jazz-folk surely Mignum?
Nice, I shall investigate further.

I bought Apparat, The Devil's Walk - seriously good album. No doubt more of his stuff will follow.

Browsing yesterday, I was astounded to see Sevdaliza classified as trip-hop. One of my favourite artistes again, so no apologies for this - not unlike Beth Gibbons/Portishead in the first in particular -

Don't forget that while Bristol was in the trip hop limelight there was another fantastic album taking shape in the nation's capital, that was cruelly overlooked....

Archive - Londinium

archive-londinium-vinyl-lp-2xlp-rare-deleted-trip-hop-nm-listen-no-reserve_11471795

Thanks I am loving these. What a great discovery.

Trip-hop-jazz-folk surely Mignum?
Nice, I shall investigate further.

I bought Apparat, The Devil's Walk - seriously good album. No doubt more of his stuff will follow.

Browsing yesterday, I was astounded to see Sevdaliza classified as trip-hop. One of my favourite artistes again, so no apologies for this - not unlike Beth Gibbons/Portishead in the first in particular -

Thanks for these. This artist is new to me. Also the devils Walk is something I want to check out.

advertisement

Back