advertisement

Trump Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think what marky's trying to say is that the clown car is stuck in third gear, while the office skank reaches for more blue eyeliner and, down in south carolina, a juicy slice of possum is being smothered in aunt kamala's famous gravy.

Not sure what any of this means, other than the skank with the eyeliner. All I was attempting to do was answer the question you posted taken from the Finnish headline about sick, violent nations allowing armed militias. And I think the clause in the 2nd amendment (with some state's carry laws), along with america descending from mad kings and priests pretty much covers it. What caused the mental malfeasance in Dac boy remains a mystery.

No, you still don't understand it. You think I'm defending something when I'm not. I'm answering the question from the perspective of, hey, if you consider the history and constitution of the country it may help explain the how and why of the question: what kind of sick country allows crazy armed militia people to run around. It's nothing whatsoever to do with 'whataboutism' or some hyper-protective nationality. How you still think otherwise is the most daft conclusion I've ever read here.
Ok, I can see your point - apologies then for my misinterpretation that you were making excuses rather than trying to point to what you think is the genesis for this militia mentality.

This makes chilling reading. An intelligence officer reports on the loyalties of the armed forces.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/if-tr...where-will-the-military-stand?source=facebook

i will impersonate you now, but from a slightly different ideological angle:

don.

i spent a whole minute (or close) reading and just couldn't get past the confusion and misinformation. that said, i agree that it's chilling to have a secret service person attempting to shape public opinion under the guise of journalism.

i will impersonate you now, but from a slightly different ideological angle:

don.

i spent a whole minute (or close) reading and just couldn't get past the confusion and misinformation. that said, i agree that it's chilling to have a secret service person attempting to shape public opinion under the guise of journalism.
Mention the first item you consider misinformation.

Mention the first item you consider misinformation.

the article should start with: "here are my anecdotal observations of some worrisome attitudes in the military about trump". instead, we get this leading down the garden path after the introductory paragraphs:

"Recent polling shows that among military veterans, approval ratings for Trump are higher than among the civilian population. In my experience, the support for Donald Trump among a large
segment of the U.S. military is downright cult-like."

the polling, although not cited, is something i can imagine the specifics of. sentence 2 is presented as logical continuation of a scientific finding, yet leaves unclear what "large" and "cult-like" mean or how we can establish the statistical validity of the author's experience. maybe we should have a poll that asks about some of those cult-like things? i don't think the claims are improbable but i have no way of assessing the scope, magnitude or veracity of what the author is saying.

maybe he can go on the jimmy dore show and clarify. that would be interesting.

the article should start with: "here are my anecdotal observations of some worrisome attitudes in the military about trump". instead, we get this leading down the garden path after the introductory paragraphs:

"Recent polling shows that among military veterans, approval ratings for Trump are higher than among the civilian population. In my experience, the support for Donald Trump among a large
segment of the U.S. military is downright cult-like."

the polling, although not cited, is something i can imagine the specifics of. sentence 2 is presented as logical continuation of a scientific finding, yet leaves unclear what "large" and "cult-like" mean or how we can establish the statistical validity of the author's experience. maybe we should have a poll that asks about some of those cult-like things? i don't think the claims are improbable but i have no way of assessing the scope, magnitude or veracity of what the author is saying.

maybe he can go on the jimmy dore show and clarify. that would be interesting.
Jimmy Dore, I assume, meets your high academic standards?

I'm starting to think Trump may be in over his head. Is it possible that he's ill-suited to the position he holds?

Joe

The support for Trump from Veterans is strange considering he dodged the draft...

It's automatic with no exceptions.

Idiot? Step on every rake.
Boozer? Unexplained bruises.
Troll? Populate block lists.
Military or First Responder? Support republicans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back