advertisement

Best tribute band

Simon66

pfm Member
Not sure if this has already been done but thought I'd put it out there, ive fairly recently been to see the Bootleg Beatles and thought they were amazing, I'm interested to know what's the best tribute band you've seen.

I haven't actually seen them live, but I really want to...

Elvana - the world's finest Elvis fronted Nirvana tribute band.

Saw the Aussie Pink Floyd a while ago. Excellent, and there was an older geezer in front of me who told me about seeing the original PF in the 60's...
'Wow!' I said, 'that must be fantastic, I bet this pales in comparison'
'Nah, the original were sh*t live. This bunch are much much better.'
Hmmm...

I think some of the names are great too, I went to a festival where I saw knotslip, red hot chilli pipers, let's zep and mentallica

Oasis.

Sorry, but it had to be said. I saw them opening for Neil Young in Paris. Despite Liam trying to be a hard man he didn't seem happy when the plastic bottles started to arrive on stage.

+1 for The Bootleg Beatles. I’ve seen them twice this year and both shows have been excellent, albeit very different (a chronological swoop through the catalogue vs. an “Abbey Road”/“Let It Be” special).

To be fair to any other excellent tribute bands that may be out there, the Bootleg Beatles are the only example I’ve seen.

I have to nominate the Half Man Half Biscuit tribute band - Half-Arsed Half Biscuit, I've never heard them, but they deserve credit for such a great name! There is a rumour that they are actually Half Man Half Biscuit anyway...

advertisement

Back