advertisement

Dave Cam’s memoir about to publish. Will you be preordering?

Looking forward to his comments on watching his favourite footie team, West Ha... I mean Villa

Git

Reactions: BJP
Nope, not pre-ordering. However I might buy a copy when it’s remaindered in Poundland for a quid though as the local council says we need to recycle more and I could just chuck it straight in the recycling box unread.

I have never advocated the burning of books but, I do wonder what the calorific value of this pamphlet might be. There may be hard time ahead;)

I have never advocated the burning of books but, I do wonder what the calorific value of this pamphlet might be. There may be hard time ahead;)
It's cellulose, a polysaccharide, identical calories to carbohydrates. On that basis it's 4kcal/g, or 17kJ. If it weighs 400g then 6800 kJ, or 6.8 MJ. That's just under 2kWh, if my arithmetic is correct. Heat a small room for an hour or so.

It's cellulose, a polysaccharide, identical calories to carbohydrates. On that basis it's 4kcal/g, or 17kJ. If it weighs 400g then 6800 kJ, or 6.8 MJ. That's just under 2kWh, if my arithmetic is correct. Heat a small room for an hour or so.
Bleedin’ walking bomb calorimeter you are, an’ no mistake.

advertisement

Back