advertisement

How Long Before A Vote Of No Confidence In Johnson Government? II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The party of 'law and order' is showing it's contempt for the law by refusing to obey it? Watched Javid today on Marr today saying the PM would not ask for an extension to the Brexit deadline which the new law now requires but he would not break the law. I and my wife were just holding up our hands unable to say anything coherent just wondering when did we move to this alternative universe where words change their meaning every five minutes.

The Will of The People™ decrees that Johnson is lawfully able to break the law if he should deem that the law is not in accordance with The Will of The People™.

Has anyone seen the wording of the letter that Johnson must use to request the extension? Does it specifically state that the purpose of the extension is to hold a GE? If not I fear that the rebels have left a huge loophole that can be exploited by Johnson. EU have said they won’t grant another extension without a clearly defined change in circumstances, for example a new GE or referendum. If this is not in the letter, then Johnson could lobby them to reject it on the basis that there is no end to the stalemate.

I am hoping that representatives of the parliamentary majority are having talks with the EU to explain the circumstances following a successful extension, eg immediate VoNC and GE.

Everything; pensioners right through to the EDL/Brexit “Party”/UKIP idiots! Clearly no one likes paying increased tax in a recession/depression especially if they are sinking into negative equity, facing spiralling inflation, decreasing job security etc. I can picture some very bad stuff happening.

Most people who voted remain have something to lose and are less likely to risk it all by rioting, sure they will protest but it will largely be non violent and they will tend to express themselves via the ballot box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back