advertisement

How Long Before A Vote Of No Confidence In Johnson Government? II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this all a matter of semantics, the EU is made up of member States, both Italy & France have quite large elements of structural racism so this will be reflected in the EU?

Isn't this all a matter of semantics, the EU is made up of member States, both Italy & France have quite large elements of structural racism so this will be reflected in the EU?

What I'm concerned about is principles, how we vote and conduct ourselves, not being applied to our thinking about the EU.

As of course has the UK which has been exporting tribal violence via football etc forever. The EU is but a mirror.

As of course has the UK which has been exporting tribal violence via football etc forever. The EU is but a mirror.
I absolutely accept that but just get a bit tired of France being held up as some kind of exemplar when they have massive youth unemployment, elected racists etc.

Of course, we can no longer separate posturing and genuine intention or truth and lies with this government, but The Times reports the plan is to defy Parliament and the law. A revolutionary government.

"Cummings has told officials in No 10: “The more hysterical remainers become with a campaign to arrest the PM unless he surrenders, the stronger our position with the country will get. Most MPs do not understand how much the country hates parliament and wants someone to sort out this mess.”
If MPs pass a vote of no confidence in Johnson’s government for defying the law, aides say he will refuse to resign and will stay in power until after October 31" https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-snatches-14-point-lead-over-corbyn-wdbdnzngb

If we get a 'no deal' because of this, I fear the level of civil unrest and violence will be quite substantial.

I think the risk of unrest is present whichever way it goes now. I am quite worried.

It will be the same people each way too; furious if they don’t get their far-right Brexit, furious if they do get it and realise the rest of us really don’t really want to pay their benefits now they have voted their jobs and prospects away.

It will be the same people each way too; furious if they don’t get their far-right Brexit, furious if they do get it and realise the rest of us really don’t really want to pay their benefits now they have voted their jobs and prospects away.
By benefits do you mean pensions?

By benefits do you mean pensions?

Everything; pensioners right through to the EDL/Brexit “Party”/UKIP idiots! Clearly no one likes paying increased tax in a recession/depression especially if they are sinking into negative equity, facing spiralling inflation, decreasing job security etc. I can picture some very bad stuff happening.

Politics is certainly intense at the moment. The news channels and news papers are lapping it up and there is a lot of debate in the country too.

I'm on my 55th orbit of the Sun and can recollect Brown selling our gold, Blair's clear and present danger, our expulsion from the ERM under Major, Thatcher being savaged by a dead sheep and Dennis Healey going cap in hand to the IMF....but none of those quite captured the public imagination or had the capacity for polarisation as Brexit does.

Its going to be interesting to see how it plays out.....high stakes Poker for Johnson....winner takes all.

Politics is certainly intense at the moment. The news channels and news papers are lapping it up and there is a lot of debate in the country too.

I'm on my 55th orbit of the Sun and can recollect Brown selling our gold, Blair's clear and present danger, our expulsion from the ERM under Major, Thatcher being savaged by a dead sheep and Dennis Healey going cap in hand to the IMF....but none of those quite captured the public imagination or had the capacity for polarisation as Brexit does.

Its going to be interesting to see how it plays out.....high stakes Poker for Johnson....winner takes all.
All of the above protagonists were grown ups, not that many about today. BJ is even worse than I feared & Cummings actually seems to have input on policy, a level e above Campbell.

The new BBC series, The Rise of the Nazis, has been mentioned here before, but I only watched the first episode tonight. Frightening. Democracy is fragile. Savid Javid made it clear that our current PM has no intention of obeying the law or resigning if he doesn’t get a deal by 19th October. If our democracy had any strength he’d be removed for placing himself above and beyond the law.

There will be trouble ahead
Let’s face the music and dance

FFS the rise of the Nazis,,,,,,then again Gove does have the look of Goerbels about him.....hang on aren’t Labour the ones against Jews.

Johnson has to be told that he should follow the law. I'm sure Johnson said he would. Honest. And we can certainly trust Johnson's word, can't we? It's not that he's a massive liar or anything.

"Robert Buckland QC MP@RobertBuckland
Speculation about my future is wide of the mark. I fully support the Prime Minister and will continue to serve in his Cabinet. We have spoken over the past 24 hours regarding the importance of the Rule of Law, which I as Lord Chancellor have taken an oath to uphold."

The new BBC series, The Rise of the Nazis, has been mentioned here before, but I only watched the first episode tonight. Frightening. Democracy is fragile. Savid Javid made it clear that our current PM has no intention of obeying the law or resigning if he doesn’t get a deal by 19th October. If our democracy had any strength he’d be removed for placing himself above and beyond the law.

There will be trouble ahead
Let’s face the music and dance

The party of 'law and order' is showing it's contempt for the law by refusing to obey it? Watched Javid today on Marr today saying the PM would not ask for an extension to the Brexit deadline which the new law now requires but he would not break the law. I and my wife were just holding up our hands unable to say anything coherent just wondering when did we move to this alternative universe where words change their meaning every five minutes.

"Cummings has told officials in No 10: “The more hysterical remainers become with a campaign to arrest the PM unless he surrenders, the stronger our position with the country will get. Most MPs do not understand how much the country hates parliament and wants someone to sort out this mess.”.

Ties in with Brother in Christ Steve Baker “sometimes feelin like burnin Parliament down”

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back