advertisement

Ice cream makers

One of my ex's mum had this fiendishly expensive blender which could heat the contents to boiling point or freeze them to a sorbet/ice cream. None of that faffing around with keeping bowls in the freezer. Genius device, but, like I said, bloody expensive (£600 or so, IIRC). The device was briefly in the news a while back when, like Delia's omlette pan, someone used on on TV. Tried googling for it, but can't find it.
It might be what I use https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/what-you-can-make

Cheers,

DV

Really, you are fiddling at the edges. I used to make ice cream with one of these.

A Gram GIF 600:

28108-2410209.jpg

At full tilt it would output 600 litres of delicious dairy ice cream per hour.

Then we got a new larger one called the GIF 1200, which would make almost 1200 litres per hour.

Halcyon days ... In the busy time we would be working one or sometimes the two machines for ten or eleven hours a day. Night-mare!

Best wishes from George

PS: I cannot stand ice cream these days!

More recipe recommendations, please. Just made our first one, vanilla, and it tasted like cold cake mix with a bit of custard in it.

My Authority says that Bourbon and / or Maple Syrup would be good additions to any Vanilla Ice Cream.

Mrs BM is never wrong on these matters.

We used to have a Carpigiani machine in the pilot plant when I worked for St Ivel about a million years ago, I was pilot plant manager so between that and the Mondo Mix (which made mousses) I was on the phone to the engineers more often than I wanted. The Mondo in particular used to pop a flexi hose so often that I bought a length of the relevant hose and a spare set of fittings that I kept in a drawer so that the engineers could just swap it out. Saved us a fortune.

More recipe recommendations, please. Just made our first one, vanilla, and it tasted like cold cake mix with a bit of custard in it.

without the right cream you are doomed to failure. maybe some frozen yogurt recipes......anyhow it sounds more likely you are going to poison the customers at your kids school fete next summer....I bet you thought you were going to clean up.....

It's no problem, I can square him up with a bit of veg fat, skimmed milk, and some carrageenan to stabilise it all, he'll make the foamiest soft scoop you can imagine and the kids will lap it up.

I make pink grapefruit and gin sorbet, all you need is a freezer a container and a fork to break up the ice crystals as it freezes.

Pete

advertisement

Back