advertisement

Beetroot Bowel Blaster

stevec67

pfm Member
No, not another suggestion for the keto diet, but it probably works better. Last night I had a BBQ with my parents, bit of salad, some beetroot about half the size of an apple. Great. 2 small glasses of wine so this is not the result of excess alcohol. This morning the world is falling out of my bottom, and it's purple. I've had this before and I thought it was probably an option this time, but reckoned that a small amount of the stuff wouldn't be too disastrous. Is anyone else so afflicted?

Fatal error on Sunday was a few handfuls of sultanas after dinner, then going for a run a few hours later...

Love beetroot to no effect but give me a curry and I get the trots before the meal is finished.
Every time.

Prawns and shellfish seem to get my lower alimentary canal ready for action. Not in a feeling poorly or urgent way - in fact we eat quite a lot of that sort of thing - just a more obvious internal reminder of the quotidian nature of these processes.

Isn't life strange - As long as it's not searing hot, curry has a soothing effect on my stomach, rather than the usual effect..
Yes beetroot makes my poo red and asparagus makes my pee stink.

No, not another suggestion for the keto diet, but it probably works better. Last night I had a BBQ with my parents, bit of salad, some beetroot about half the size of an apple. Great. 2 small glasses of wine so this is not the result of excess alcohol. This morning the world is falling out of my bottom, and it's purple. I've had this before and I thought it was probably an option this time, but reckoned that a small amount of the stuff wouldn't be too disastrous. Is anyone else so afflicted?

I had similar 3 weeks ago. It was a tummy bug.

36 hours of molten lava spewing out of my ass followed by a heavy bloated feeling and no desire to eat anything.

My poop shoot is still not 100% back to normal.

On the bright side, I've probably lost a couple of pounds in weight.

Isn't life strange - As long as it's not searing hot, curry has a soothing effect on my stomach, rather than the usual effect..
Yes beetroot makes my poo red and asparagus makes my pee stink.

Did you know only 40% of the population can smell the effect of asparagus on urine?

Our neighbours grow beetroot on their veggie patch, and every year bring some freshly cooked ones round, still warm. They're delicious, much nicer than pickled. One year I scoffed the lot in one sitting, big mistake. The next day the toilet bowl looked like the aftermath of some slasher movie, eg. think bright red chopped liver, I thought I'd got bowel cancer!!

you should see what a plate ful of golden beetroot does. Even better curried beetroot with paneer

Anything BBQ’d usually gets my bowels in turmoil - in the words of Owen Newitt ‘it’s like the Somme down there!’
Mind you a lot of things affect me since GI surgery a few years back.

I still remember the ruction caused by eating a lot of Mum's pickled beetroot at c8yrs old. Found it utterly delicious - once.
Then in layman's terms I was turned inside-out like a sea cucumber about 3-4hrs later, or so it felt.

I still like beetroot; it still hates me.

I can't remember the last time a particular food had me giving it brown laser. I don't eat meat, but i consume lots of fish and, at least once a week some beetroot is noshed on.
I ate weird stuff in the middle east, including street food, but no, the toilet bowl still wasn't filled with fizzy gravy.

advertisement

Back