advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2019 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
UcGnWMu.jpg

Talowa Dam
by Milan Vjestica, on Flickr

Went for a sheltered view away from the high winds. There is even a fish lift at this dam for the endangered Australian Grayling. The fish are lured into a large cage by flowing water then hoisted over the main dam wall and lowered down the other side.

Ffynon Fair - St Mary's Holy Well, is halfway up the cliff in the upper RH corner. Final stop for the pilgrims before crossing to Ynys Enlli, Bardsey Island, the reputed resting place of 20,000 saints, and 3 Enlli pilgrimages worth one to Rome.

Ynys Enlli.
The well is in the cliffs to the right.

@Gromit - Nice, I've always been curious about the X-H1. I presume you traded the X-T2 against it?

Lefty

Hi Amar- I did indeed trade the T2 in, got a good enough price to make it worthwhile. :)

Had a lot of fun with the T2, it (along with my old Pro1) certainly did a good job when I shot a friend's wedding a couple of weeks ago. Downside is that I've got so used to IBIS I ended up taking risks with shutter speeds, resulting in a handful of slightly fuzzy images. Took the Pen F also which was putting out tack-sharp images at speeds which would've been utter failures with the Fujis.

This got me thinking that an ideal combo would be that Fuji sensor and ergos/non-menu-delving controls alongside a stabilised sensor. Now, the H1's IBIS isn't even in the same timezone as the Oly (which is crazy-clever) but it's safe'n'sharp down to 1/30sec with the XF56. Even slower if I'm extra careful. In doing so it means keeping ISO low or being able to stop the lens down...perhaps even a bit of both. :)

The H1 also has a more developed shutter - electronic first curtain, and unbelievably quiet. Noise-wise there's no need whatsoever for the ES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back