advertisement

TuneIn and the BBC

Does this mean internet tuners ie Denon pioneer etc will stop functioning Bbc streams on tune in?
Seems like a few licence payers will be peeved and rightly so.

Seems like commercial suicide to me.... tune in is such a popular way of accessing digital radio, not being part of it is crazy.

Does this mean internet tuners ie Denon pioneer etc will stop functioning Bbc streams on tune in?
Seems like a few licence payers will be peeved and rightly so.

If someone uses a closed commercial 'receiver' then any contract they have about that continuing to work is with the seller/maker of the receiver. i.e. it would be for Denon or the agents they pay to deal with.

BTW IIRC you don't need a licence to listen to BBC radio.

If someone uses a closed commercial 'receiver' then any contract they have about that continuing to work is with the seller/maker of the receiver. i.e. it would be for Denon or the agents they pay to deal with.

BTW IIRC you don't need a licence to listen to BBC radio.

At home.

At work you need a different licence.

another nail in the bbc , big bullying corporation, coffin, the sooner the better imoh, saving here so the fat cats can all have another new Bentley this year

If you enjoy having your viewing/listening constantly interrupted by adverts, then you'll not miss the BBC.
I'd rather keep it, but have it a bit more responsive to its audience. By that, I don't mean kowtowing to the government of the day or refraining from constantly interviewing Farage, but paying some attention to those of us who don't live in the Notting Hill bubble.

There are no quite millions of ways of listening to bbc digital radio . I use most of these

- in the car the radio
- amazon or google speaker
- streamed from iPad into hifi either direct into my pre or airport express or that little google thing I have somewhere

hi there was a debate in the commons last week about the bbc and the licence fee, as so many people are subscribing to other channels for quite a lot of money a month, and do not want or watch the beeb, and feel that the licence fee is more of a stealth tax, and people are rightly peed off, paying for something they just don't want, the fat -cats must be counting their numberd days , this state of affairs cannot carry on forever

hi there was a debate in the commons last week about the bbc and the licence fee, as so many people are subscribing to other channels for quite a lot of money a month, and do not want or watch the beeb, and feel that the licence fee is more of a stealth tax, and people are rightly peed off, paying for something they just don't want, the fat -cats must be counting their numberd days , this state of affairs cannot carry on forever

I can sympathise. I've been annoyed for years about how I have to pay far more per year than the Licence Fee for the dozens of advertising channels I never watch. They all get their income whenever we buy things in the shops from companies that advertise on TV. Weird that so few people make a fuss about this. In effect a 'stealth tax' as they don't tell you in the shop what's happening.

Not seen any recent figures, but IIRC the ones that appeared a few years ago showed that the Fat Cats at the just the main advertising channels all cost us over three times the amount that the BBC charge. Why can't I get a discount in the shop by telling them I don't want those channels and never watch them?! 8-]

I guess the Beeb are a bit peeked that we (the UK) has not adopted the DAB service that is the Beebs favourite but unloved child. So if we do not want DAB then we cannot have internet radio.

Yep, can anyone explain why Radio 1 needs to exist financed by a compulsory tax on owning a tv?
You could make the same point about almost all the BBC. Why single out young people ? I’m sure most here have fond memories of R1 . Might well be same for current cohort.

advertisement

Back