advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+24)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to do with retaliation. If the EU continues to obstruct the commencement of trade negotiations everyone is going to take a hit, but no country more so than Ireland.

Just as well they are members of a large economic union. istm likely they will likely receive whatever assistance is necessary form the EU.

Just as well they are members of a large economic union. istm likely they will likely receive whatever assistance is necessary form the EU.

You are correct in saying they will receive whatever assistance that is necessary from the EU, but this is not a gift it is additional debt. If you are in any doubt about where EU 'assistance' can lead then take a look at the plight of Greece.
After the UK the republic of Ireland is the next biggest loser per head financially.

You are correct in saying they will receive whatever assistance that is necessary from the EU, but this is not a gift it is additional debt. If you are in any doubt about where EU 'assistance' can lead then take a look at the plight of Greece.
The Greece problems were seen as self-inflicted.
The EU is likely to treat Eire much better as a reward for loyalty and a signal to others.

It’s not looking good for Britain’s bargaining position in Europe, not that it ever was.. The Britannia Unchained government of known cheat and liar Boris Johnson, their true intentions toward the whole of Ireland ( thrown under the Boris bus), growing political instability in the UK and it’s likely break up. The killer though is going to be the Tories’ collusion with Trump who’s stated aim (along with Putin) is to destroy the EU and have Europe back again as a collection of separate, weakened client states. That’s an existential threat that Europe is going to see off and it’s first casualty will be this rancid government we suffer under.

The Greece problems were seen as self-inflicted.

Did you actually buy that well-worn piece of EU propaganda, or did you just willingly swallow it whole?

About 80-90% denial of reality.

The EU is likely to treat Eire much better as a reward for loyalty and a signal to others.

Oh, you've got to just love this one, a classic. I thought it was my side that caricaturised the EU as the prison guards, but there we have it straight from the horse's mouth (albeit a horse not actually resident in the EU stable). Extra rations for those who obey orders, a good beating for those who defy them, all the better to encourager les autres.

I wonder what the consolation prize is if you're runner-up in the EU good behaviour stakes? Dejeuner à trois, wine thrown in, with Jean-Claude & Mario Draghi? Whoopee!

Now tell me, what resources will the EU, diminished by the self-inflicted and catastrophic forfeiture of it's second largest economy and net contributor combined with a very rapidly unfolding economic and political meltdown, bring to bear to 'reward' Ireland for its loyalty?

It’s not looking good for Britain’s bargaining position in Europe, not that it ever was.. The Britannia Unchained government of known cheat and liar Boris Johnson, their true intentions toward the whole of Ireland ( thrown under the Boris bus), growing political instability in the UK and it’s likely break up. The killer though is going to be the Tories’ collusion with Trump who’s stated aim (along with Putin) is to destroy the EU and have Europe back again as a collection of separate, weakened client states. That’s an existential threat that Europe is going to see off and it’s first casualty will be this rancid government we suffer under.

Johnson isn't throwing Ireland under the bus, Barnier and Varakar are. They need to set ideology aside, and start takling trade deals, and fast.

Oh, you've got to just love this one, a classic. I thought it was my side that caricaturised the EU as the prison guards, but there we have it straight from the horse's mouth (albeit a horse not actually resident in the EU stable). Extra rations for those who obey orders, a good beating for those who defy them, all the better to encourager les autres.

I don't usually comment on your posts, but the above is bonkers.

And whilst on the subject of cheats and liars, just to remind you, Chrissie Lagarde, found guilty of fraud (and kinda forgiven, 'cos she's one of us), Jospep Borrell, found guilty of insider dealing (fined 30 grand, but refused to resign), Ursula von der Leyen and Jean-Claude Juncker both with serious misconduct/fraud/brown envelope questions hanging in the air, Verhofstadt, another brown-enveloper. And BJ, a known liar and a cheat.

Perhaps better to have someone dealing with these people who knows just exactly how they work, rather than a naive vicar's daughter, or an ideologically fixated Marxist throwback.

But they don’t.

What is wrong with you?

Who don't what?

Did you actually buy that well-worn piece of EU propaganda, or did you just willingly swallow it whole?

About 80-90% denial of reality.

I wonder what the consolation prize is if you're runner-up in the EU good behaviour stakes? Dejeuner à trois, wine thrown in, with Jean-Claude & Mario Draghi? Whoopee!

Now tell me, what resources will the EU, diminished by the self-inflicted and catastrophic forfeiture of it's second largest economy and net contributor combined with a very rapidly unfolding economic and political meltdown, bring to bear to 'reward' Ireland for its loyalty?
My, it’s windy this morning. The only bit you left out was Keiserina Merkel ruthlessly torpedoing the Atlantic convoys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back