advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

quite...hope you have a sense of irony?
I don't see my posts as pollution, and I don't see that saving someone hundreds or thousands of pounds is pointless despite it being about Colin.
My post stands. Those who read it can decide but a little persepective, a few alternative points of view never hurt. We can ALL learn.

Sure, i listened to a bit of Alanis Morissette when i was a little’un.

You aren't really saving anyone from anything though, thats the point, hence my previous post you didn’t respond to..

Do you knock on house doors on Saturday mornings as well?

Cables are the last upgrade for any system in my opinion. Are they the worst VFM, maybe maybe not, but alot of them do only provide subtle improvements or should that be changes.
They are tuning devices like racks, stands n feet, now there’s poor VFM.
The problem with these tweaks is that you need a certain level of equipment to appreciate the differences.
Stick michelins, bridgestones, etc on your Reliant Robin and you’d be hard pushed to tell them apart. Do the same on your F1 motor and well hopefully you get my drift.
I don’t drive a Reliant or an F1 but somewhere in the middle. Some have better some have worse, we buy what we can afford and what hopefully puts a smile on our faces.

Sure, i listened to a bit of Alanis Morissette when i was a little’un.

You aren't really saving anyone from anything though, thats the point, hence my previous post you didn’t respond to..

Do you knock on house doors on Saturday mornings as well?

I don't want to save anyone FROM anything, I want to save them money. For less than £100 they can buy a stranded OFC cable that will be just fine. OR, if they want to listen to you, they can hear a sound 99.9% the same and throw 10x that amount (or more) after that change.
It's a free world but I'd hate anyone with little experience in HiFi upgrades to think that cables are a good way to tune a system, because, they are not.
And on saturdays I usually shag the dog and kick the wife.

I don't want to save anyone FROM anything, I want to save them money. For less than £100 they can buy a stranded OFC cable that will be just fine. OR, if they want to listen to you, they can hear a sound 99.9% the same and throw 10x that amount (or more) after that change.
It's a free world but I'd hate anyone with little experience in HiFi upgrades to think that cables are a good way to tune a system, because, they are not.

How very quaint.

A Ford Focus will be just fine also, thats the point. This thread is the discussion around a particular cable to hear views and opinions of that cable and that brand.

It's not a Martin Lewis money saving thread, thus it adds pollution, however you continue to rephrase it.

Cables are a great way to tune a system, it's not something I do anymore as I don't personally like that way of manipulating the sound, but I remember for example on more budget kit where resolution is ultimately lacking and a brighter cable can give a lift to certain elements. So they could even be described as money saving, because a second hand sets of expensive cables, will cost less than a posh amplifier. Thank me later for learning you!

I do find it rather amusing when people try to police others purchases. I mean WFT!? they OBVS need saving from themselves but they never even knew it ;):p

@Cereal Killer you are NOT allowed the Cheerios for breakfast tomorrow, because an egg will fill you up more. I forbid you to purchase Cheerios with your hard earned, because I know better than you. NO MORE CHEERIO'S. I will save you CK!

Time for something new maybe before the days draw to a close?

Let the cables sell, you don't have to buy them, nor do you need to guide anyone else into your own opinion. I wont buy £1000 speaker cable, but nor would I buy a Jaguar car. Others will and enjoy what they get from it, however that is. Less well-off folk may well desire a Jag, but will it still get them from A to B like a Ford Focus? Sure. It does its job. Can they spend their hard earned on something different that would be more beneficial to that job? Yes quite possibly, is it their choice, yes.

No need to pollute a thread talking about Colins cables.

We have a Jag and EWA LS25 cable :eek: :D

Virtually everything you own could probably have been bought for less and perform much the same function. You made a choice on your purchases, based on your world view. Others have a different view. Yours is merely an opinion; one of many. You don't possess the universal truth on cables, or anything else for that matter. Neither do I. This is a thread for those that want to explore and discuss a specific cable; you may think that it is a waste of money. Others don't. Get over it.

HiFi as a hobby isn't solely a pursuit on scientifically proven and demonstrable sonic excellence. You should realise that trying different things, including cables, is interesting and fun for many. Talking about their experiences is also fun. It's exactly the same with all other hobbies. You're not the only one to have been around in hifi for a while; it's now coming up to 50 years for me. I've formed my own opinions and I'm happy to share my opinions and experience. But I'm not about to dictate to others that they are foolish if they believe x works well, when y is just as good and costs less and should thus be the only possible sensible choice.

More to the point, does it matter?

images

hahahha

Well boys, your well judged responses, your technical contributions, your total lack of sarcasm and other cheap shots have be beaten I admit it, and so am happy to retreat. I do agree that the thread was particular to a make, and in that sense, my contribution not directly relevant.
As to the rest, no problem.

My LS-50 have been here for more than a month. It performs very good. Big bass full body human voice and high resolution treble. Speed is very fast. No harsh or glare. Better than Inakustik 1603 silver and Lavricables Master I used before.
67432496_513211412554799_162596166062571520_o.jpg

I do find it rather amusing when people try to police others purchases. I mean WFT!? they OBVS need saving from themselves but they never even knew it ;):p
Given not all realise that expensive speaker cable can never be better than adequate it's possibly worth pointing this out from time to time. Some might be then able to consider a better speaker and actually get better performance for the same investment.

Given not all realise that expensive speaker cable can never be better than adequate it's possibly worth pointing this out from time to time. Some might be then able to consider a better speaker and actually get better performance for the same investment.

Yawn.

Me thinks you miss the point, pretty much completely.

advertisement

Back