advertisement

Peter Gabriel 'So' article

Having finally read the article, I have checked my collection and find I have a copy of almost every version mentioned. The only one I don’t have is the 2002 remastered CD. Which is fine. When I get a chance I’ll give many of them a listen and see if I can hear the differences mentioned.

Fantastic read, thanks for the link. For anyone buying the delux box set, beware! All 4 cds in the set I got recently were really badly damaged, 3 of them wouldn’t play at all and 1 cd skipped all over the place. I was sent 4 replcement cds but 1 of them skipped as well (1st cd of the live set).

Was that bought from Real World?

Is the book any good as I'd like that as a momento. I read that you can still get the hi-res audio download if you email them the code (the B&W download page originally issued is dead)

Last edited:
Was that bought from Real World?

Is the book any good as I'd like that as a momento. I read that you can still get the hi-res audio download if you email them the code (the B&W download page originally issued is dead)
Yes it was direct from Real World. The book is a very well made and great to look though, we’ll worth it if you are a fan. I already have the hires files and got them from a mate a few years ago. I’ll email Real World to see if they are still available to download.

Real World will send you a link with the files in return for you sending them the unique code from the box. I did this last month.

I've still got ticket stubs from 2 of the Birmingham NEC gigs on the tour. £13 it was. Maybe I could get my money back?

Also got some photos, including him crowd-surfing a few yards away from where I was.

Remember being disappointed that he didn't open the shows with Big Time.

Yeah, it was the tour program I really wanted. They normally sell for more.

The one that 'got away' for me though was David Rhodes eBaying his platinum So record. If I wasn't in Nth Ireland I'd have bid for it. It needed to picked up to get the photo with David to prove provenance in the future It sold for about £800 I recall ..

I've still got ticket stubs from 2 of the Birmingham NEC gigs on the tour. £13 it was. Maybe I could get my money back?

Also got some photos, including him crowd-surfing a few yards away from where I was.

Remember being disappointed that he didn't open the shows with Big Time.

I remember being there at the NEC. Had VIP tickets as my then business partner was a cousin of Peter Gabriel. I seem to remember a long time to get out of the car park. Other details are hazier, but we had a great time.

What formats were you able to download?
I've emailed them but haven't had a reply so far.
They originally sent the incorrect files (24/96 from vinyl reissues), but I requested the correct 25th Anniversary 24/48 files and they sent a link to those. I downloaded flac.

After a recent demo by my local hifi dealer he left by accident a memory stick with this album on.
When I rang to offer to return he kindly said just keep.
I am now enjoying PG.

advertisement

Back