advertisement

Best amps I ever heard

In no particular order (ie I'm not claiming any specific one is the best) the best power amps I've ever heard are

Hiraga "Le Monstre"
Krell KSA 50 MkI
Radford STA25
Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista 300
Very modified Leak Stereo 20
The best of my own designs

In no particular order (ie I'm not claiming any specific one is the best) the best power amps I've ever heard are

Hiraga "Le Monstre"
Krell KSA 50 MkI
Radford STA25
Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista 300
Very modified Leak Stereo 20
The best of my own designs

Did you ever hear the MF Titans Arkless?

The amount of Krell mentions intrigues me; is this a big call out for the brand in general, or are there particular model(s) people covet?

KSA50 / 100 seems to be the best?

@arkless: do you have info on your own amps?

I seems, tat Class A (Sugden, Pass, some Krells) is the best ... It is difficult for me to say what was the best amp, because it was always a system.

The amount of Krell mentions intrigues me; is this a big call out for the brand in general, or are there particular model(s) people covet?

KSA50 / 100 seems to be the best?

@arkless: do you have info on your own amps?

Krell are indeed very good amps.

No I have no info on my amps. All prototypes for my own use only.

Best at home, so far probably Sugden, Copland or Unison Research, best at a friends, Jeff Rowland, (in his system) or maybe Audio Synthesis.
Heard an Audio Research pre and Krell monos which sounded great.

Why do you say that? What makes them "good amps" in your opinion?

They sound great! Early ones anyway. I have no comment on more recent ones and don't know them "personally".
Good engineering, being class A and having low feedback the most important aspects. The huge power supplies are far less important.

They sound great! Early ones anyway. I have no comment on more recent ones and don't know them "personally".
Good engineering, being class A and having low feedback the most important aspects. The huge power supplies are far less important.

The most recent ones are clearly overrated IMO.

advertisement

Back