advertisement

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a couple of flashes of Johnson getting angry but he quickly returned to buffoonish twat mode.

From the Times today

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Ff53f5b42-a4ca-11e9-a6f9-8847b0c7b91c.jpg

I've just watched the Andrew Neil interviews. He was quite good. It's difficult to be very successful when the interviewee won't stop talking and won't answer the questions, but he had a good shot at it. It's a pity Neil hasn't been around more!

I've just watched the Andrew Neil interviews. He was quite good. It's difficult to be very successful when the interviewee won't stop talking and won't answer the questions, but he had a good shot at it. It's a pity Neil hasn't been around more!
The only person who seems to have got Johnson to shut up in an interview then land several blows on him with no reply, was Eddie Mair. I actually assumed that Johnson was hungover when I heard it.

It's a pretty "catchy" placard, but I didn't quite realise how clever it was until after the march, when we walked up through Covent Garden, and towards Holborn. The amount of tourists - obviously not in London for a Brexit march - that took pictures, stopped, laughed or pointed it out to their friends was absolutely incredible. Doesn't matter where you're from, what language you speak - it delivers it's message absolutely perfectly.

The Guardian has chosen to have a week-long series of articles on Boris reminding us how bad he really is. While that's an interesting slant so that they can say "We warned you" at a later date, I'm guessing the number of Tory voting members reading them will be next to none. And even the ones that read it will probably still vote for him. :( https://www.theguardian.com/politic...slam-muslim-world-centuries-behind-2007-essay
Mohammed Amin, a former chairman of the Conservative Muslim Forum, said Johnson’s analysis risked “actively promoting hatred of Muslims”. Amin was expelled by the forum in June after criticising the party leadership’s response to reports of Islamophobia and comparing Johnson’s popularity to that of Adolf Hitler in the 1930s.

"Mr Hunt said: "Look, I'm foreign secretary, this is a president of a country which happens to be our closest ally, and so it is not going to help the situation to use that kind of language about the president of the United States."

If not language, what about symbolism...

9780141186672.jpg

"Mr Hunt said: "Look, I'm foreign secretary, this is a president of a country which happens to be our closest ally, and so it is not going to help the situation to use that kind of language about the president of the United States."

If not language, what about symbolism...

9780141186672.jpg
"Racist" is bad language. As opposed to racist language ("Londonistan"), which is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back