advertisement

Supernait 3 on way?

Martyn. Not everyone here is a native English speaker/writer.

So the guessing game cintinues:
A new Nain Supernait 3 (most definitively maybe).
Anything else other than Naim Muso QB2?

Agree:
SN3, Qb 2

Plus:
New version of 272
New entrylevel China made integrated amp
More Statement kit (lots of profit)

Fake news !
Perhaps

IMO, it would be a unrecoverable error for Naim to have Naits or separate components manufactured in China or anywhere else. Even if they cut prices in half, they would instantly lose all credibility.

Last edited:
Any Naim experts know?.....there are loads of ex-demo SN2’s suddenly for sale. Usually a sign. I ask as I was thinking of buying but would probably hang off if a SN3 is in the offing...

You clearly read the situation very well :) Hope you did hold off and - as an SN2 owner - would be interested to hear your views if/when you get an SN3.

Well the SN3 has been announce and positive comments on 'The Ear' review site.....

Current USA pricing for SUPERNAIT 2 listed as $5,695.00
Proposed USA pricing for SUPERNAIT 3 stated as $4599.00

It would be hard to believe that NAIM created an improved amp with added features and reduced the price by $1,096.00. Anyone with a recent purchase in the USA may get a bit annoyed.

If the reported pricing is correct then it is great news for new customers.

For folks currently with a SN2 the trade in value and resale value would be negatively impacted with the reduction in price of the newer amps.

Looking forward to reading the reviews after some audio review sites and other folks have had their hands on the the new amps.

Well the SN3 has been announce and positive comments on 'The Ear' review site.....

Current USA pricing for SUPERNAIT 2 listed as $5,695.00
Proposed USA pricing for SUPERNAIT 3 stated as $4599.00

It would be hard to believe that NAIM created an improved amp with added features and reduced the price by $1,096.00. Anyone with a recent purchase in the USA may get a bit annoyed.

If the reported pricing is correct then it is great news for new customers.

For folks currently with a SN2 the trade in value and resale value would be negatively impacted with the reduction in price of the newer amps.

Looking forward to reading the reviews after some audio review sites and other folks have had their hands on the the new amps.

The Vervent Audio Group, owner of Naim and Focal acquired Plurison and Audio Plus Sevices in North America in January 2019. They are now called Focal Naim Canada and Focal Naim America. No surprise to see Naim prices going down for the new releases.

Exactly what I was hoping for bar a digital volume control.
I get Naims insistence that the alps pot sounds better but it doesn’t track very well at low volumes, which is where I like to listen at night. I’ll still buy one though as the same pot was used in SN2 and I’m delighted they’ve installed a quality MM phono stage and the many other improvements

Was just reading the spec on both the xs3 and sn3, for the audio input it says 'suitable for 2V' what would happen if your source exceeds 2V?! Wonder if if would cause input clipping?

The below does indeed show Supernait 2 in USA at $5,695 plus any local taxes.

https://www.avoptions.com/downloads/Naim-Audio-USA-Retail-Prices.pdf

If the SN3 does indeed sell at $4,599, then that is obviously a price reduction. It would seem that there has been a rethink on price positioning of this product in the US. Other manufacturers (eg Gato) have also recently reduced prices. Perhaps there's a (market) limit to the ridiculous hifi price inflation we've seen over the past few years?

Has anyone read the specs of the new amps with regard input voltages, it says suitable for 2V for the normal line inputs and 5mV for phono. Seems pretty low?

advertisement

Back