advertisement

Labour at it again... anti-Semitism... #II

Labour have asked Carter Ruck to enforce an NDA in order to prevent details of anti-semitism getting into the public domain...

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1147598405012795393
Carter Fvck....old habitues from Private Eye going back years. Chancer legal scum of the lowest kind. Nice choice by labour.

Arkell v Pressdram should provide some inspiration to those threatened, should they need it.

29th April 1971

Dear Sir,

We act for Mr Arkell who is Retail Credit Manager of Granada TV Rental Ltd. His attention has been drawn to an article appearing in the issue of Private Eye dated 9th April 1971 on page 4. The statements made about Mr Arkell are entirely untrue and clearly highly defamatory. We are therefore instructed to require from you immediately your proposals for dealing with the matter.

Mr Arkell's first concern is that there should be a full retraction at the earliest possible date in Private Eye and he will also want his costs paid. His attitude to damages will be governed by the nature of your reply.

Yours,
(Signed)
Goodman Derrick & Co.

------------------------------

Dear Sirs,

We acknowledge your letter of 29th April referring to Mr. J. Arkell.

We note that Mr Arkell's attitude to damages will be governed by the nature of our reply and would therefore be grateful if you would inform us what his attitude to damages would be, were he to learn that the nature of our reply is as follows: fvck off.

Yours,
Private Eye

Labour have asked Carter Ruck to enforce an NDA in order to prevent details of anti-semitism getting into the public domain...

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1147598405012795393

tumblr-ohkih2g4-XT1vaqoiqo1-400.gif

Tomorrow's edition of Panorama (9-10pm on BBC1) looks interesting.

"Panorama goes inside the anti-Semitism crisis gripping Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.
With exclusive interviews from key insiders and access to confidential communications and documents, this is the story of how the issue developed.
Reporter John Ware reveals the evasions and contradictions at the heart of the political party, which leader Jeremy Corbyn says has anti-racism at its very core." (source)

3 labour peers have resigned over anti semitism in the party clearly part of the biggee plot to oust Jeremy corbyn as it has been reported on the BBC news.

Lord Triesman, general secretary between 2001 and 2003, accused Jeremy Corbyn of anti-Semitism and said the party was no longer "a safe environment" for Jewish people.

Lord Darzi, meanwhile, will stand as an independent and Lord Turnberg said he feared "for the future" of the party.

Labour said it "completely rejects these false and offensive claims".

"The Labour Party at all levels is implacably committed to anti-Semitism and is determined to grow this social cancer from our movement and society," a party spokeswoman said.

Former Health Minister Lord Darzi said that "as an Armenian survivor of the Armenian genocide", he had "zero tolerance to anti-Semitism," adding that his decision to resign the whip "has not been lightly taken".

Foo. In English, infinitives were designed to be easily split.

As Raymond Chandler responded when someone corrected a split infinitive in one of his proofs: 'I write in the simple, demotic prose of the typical American, and when I split an infinitive, it damn well stays split!'

Well actually it was two mistakes. He ended a sentence with a proposition and said who instead of whom.

And yet despite my intervention, Pelosi still won't start impeachment hearings.

As Raymond Chandler responded when someone corrected a split infinitive in one of his proofs: 'I write in the simple, demotic prose of the typical American, and when I split an infinitive, it damn well stays split!'

Surely he meant 'damned well.. etc..?

advertisement

Back