advertisement

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why Hunt and Johnson are promoting hard-Brexit, hunting and whatever else they need to say to appeal to the Conservative membership.

But why all the extra spending stuff? No-one outside the membership will believe any of this guff and your average Tory voter is going to be apoplectic with rage if they thought any of it was true.

Stephen

Last edited:
So it appears loads of Tory faithful have received more than one ballot paper due to being registered at home and work addresses or receiving them in pre and post marriage names.
It makes you wonder just how many members there actually are if they are doubling up like this.

And whilst voting twice in this election is frowned upon and could lead to you being booted out of the party it is not covered by electoral law and so would not be a criminal act.

Maybe it’s to make the numbers up to the 150000 members they pretend to have?

Stephen

My mother was born in 1933, She was the youngest of 4, one of my aunts is still in great shape. They were all evacuated during WW2. I’ve heard their accounts of what it was like living through WW2 for all of my life.

From these people I have a good idea of how it was to live during WW2.

I understand why Hunt and Johnson are promoting hard-Brexit, hunting and whatever else they need to say to appeal to the Conservative membership.

But why all the extra spending stuff? No-one outside the membership will believe any of this guff and your average Tory voter is going to be apoplectic with rage if they though any of it was true.

Stephen

I can only assume that they are signalling lots of lovely dosh coming up in the form of Govt funded contracts for Tory owned businesses.

Hello all and Decameron..Marantz..Denon mish mash..pretty poor..but the Teac reel to reel still goes on!
Purchased Mission speakers..what a mistake! Looking at past posts on here for hints as my budget is limited...i have lots of albums and singles...miss the crackle of my old Garrard...Bad Company and Budgie seemed to like valves.

Hello all and Decameron..Marantz..Denon mish mash..pretty poor..but the Teac reel to reel still goes on!
Purchased Mission speakers..what a mistake! Looking at past posts on here for hints as my budget is limited...i have lots of albums and singles...miss the crackle of my old Garrard...Bad Company and Budgie seemed to like valves.
Bertie, it’s like we’ve known each other for ages!

Thank you...having bought and saved all my records since '74..these days i suppose i am titled a record collector..but i think it's music i love...and go from 'Unhalfbricking' to 'London Calling' or '2 Sevens Clash' to 'Beans And Fatback'.
One thing is for certain..i always fail to purchase the right music system..i get bogged down with technical stuff...then folk put me off...resulting in me just turning it up very loud..as i come from that era of blasting 'til yer' Dad burst in and turned down Vol.4 - ( Sabbath)so it was the stylus that made the sound!

Thank you...having bought and saved all my records since '74..these days i suppose i am titled a record collector..but i think it's music i love...and go from 'Unhalfbricking' to 'London Calling' or '2 Sevens Clash' to 'Beans And Fatback'.
One thing is for certain..i always fail to purchase the right music system..i get bogged down with technical stuff...then folk put me off...resulting in me just turning it up very loud..as i come from that era of blasting 'til yer' Dad burst in and turned down Vol.4 - ( Sabbath)so it was the stylus that made the sound!
Bertie that’s great. Have you been on pfm before? I’m getting let’s of synthesiser as well as Sabbath. Look forward to hearing more about your musical tastes and your ‘Hifi périple’ as we audiophiles describe it!
Best,
Dec.

On a bit of a Yes bender Decameron...Relayer and Gatefold version of Fragile...recent turntable guests have been Palladin- Charge.
Faust- Tapes and funnily enough PFM 's Cook. Only joined yesterday...members knowledge of music and HiFi is superb..i long to hear SAHB's Vambo on summat decent!

Thank you...having bought and saved all my records since '74..these days i suppose i am titled a record collector..but i think it's music i love...

C’mon that didn’t last long Bertie, I was expecting a twelve incher and all I saw was a seven.

No honest..i am new..and obvs not really Berti Laskey..his hit You Blister My Paint..from Clockwork Orange...an imaginary cracking 45...better than Heaven Seventeen...even the Bread Brothers.
Has someone who has been banned post like me?

And i have just played Paranoid as well!
I am sure the moderators checked my ip address and know i am the real McCoy...hang on sloopy.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back