advertisement

LINN LK 100 information needed

klatschie

pfm Member
My Linn LK 100 with S/N 1775 is an early one...

for the cracks it would be easy to tell me the date and has it a Holden & Fisher built in?

Thank you!

One that early should have the Holden & Fisher transformer... but to be sure, you only need to remove four screws from the base and slide the lid off.

TALEMA inside...

how good compared to H&F is it?

Naim used H&F up until mid 90'ies if memory serve they sounded a bit sweeter but it could be imagination

The LK 100 allways sounded warm and mellow to me
The later 85/140 were quite different
Affordable hifi nowadays

its only a hype on H&F?

They were well made transformers, as are many other brands, but a transformer makes no difference to sound. It may be less likely to mechanically buzz (sound physically from transformer not through speakers) than a cheapo one but that's about it.... a transformers a transformer...

Naim used H&F up until mid 90'ies if memory serve they sounded a bit sweeter but it could be imagination

The LK 100 allways sounded warm and mellow to me
The later 85/140 were quite different
Affordable hifi nowadays
I’d agree that the LK100 is rather warm and mellow vs the LK85/140 which are leaner and more agile... but that has nothing to do with the transformer, they’re totally different designs.

Today I finished my second system nearly...

75inch TV and SAT input incl. radio...

into LINN Numerik (still want to buy) into LINN KAIRN and LINN LK100... KAIRN and LK100 very early one S/N...

I used the phones out into the KAIRN... sounds a little bit PRaT but terrible...

NUMERIK please!

but I can confirm the LK100 sounds warm and mellow...

NAIM Credo NAC A5

Today I finished my second system nearly...

75inch TV and SAT input incl. radio...

into LINN Numerik (still want to buy) into LINN KAIRN and LINN LK100... KAIRN and LK100 very early one S/N...

I used the phones out into the KAIRN... sounds a little bit PRaT but terrible...

NUMERIK please!

but I can confirm the LK100 sounds warm and mellow...

NAIM Credo NAC A5
Very nice DAC the Numerik, I have one still in daily service!

A similar machine. I had a Honda Novio when I was a kid, it was a low-rent Honda C90 and turned out to be less reliable and long lasting. It was all but worn out when I bought it and died under my stewardship. Shame, it was an OK little 50, quicker off the mark than the 2-str versions.

A similar machine. I had a Honda Novio when I was a kid, it was a low-rent Honda C90 and turned out to be less reliable and long lasting. It was all but worn out when I bought it and died under my stewardship. Shame, it was an OK little 50, quicker off the mark than the 2-str versions.

When we was 15 years old we drove a Piaggio Ciao and today still remember the past: free, lucky, people are closed...

trainspotting

romper stomper

Piaggio mofa Freakz.... no porsche Panamera... just a heavy Piaggio Ciao with money and power like a moto x...

its just like the vintage series... listen to ls 3/5 spendors is more soul like a nuforce class d monster...

we dont need more and more cause the mountain is deep!

Burnout society doesnt roxxx

mfg, Roxy

Anderson is more soul like Michael van Gerwen

today I fully finished my second system:

LINN Numerik!

without the DAC it wasnt a HiFi system!

no Overkill but lovely...

today I fully finished my second system:

LINN Numerik!

without the DAC it wasnt a HiFi system!

no Overkill but lovely...
Glad to hear you got one. I think people are starting to realise how good the Numerik is, they don’t come up for sale very often (compared to other Linn kit anyway) and when they do, they seem to be commanding good money. There’s something about LK series gear, it’s just timelessly elegant and it sounds great.

advertisement

Back