advertisement

The Know it all Audiophile

Reviewer in ultimate lack of irony post.

Nice bit of FUD spreading about streamers, as if we cant build a server that performs the same or better than a commercial offering. Its 0s and 1s.

The reason the audiophile market is declining is because pricks like him try to flog overpriced do nothing boxes.

Reviewer in ultimate lack of irony post.

Nice bit of FUD spreading about streamers, as if we cant build a server that performs the same or better than a commercial offering. Its 0s and 1s.

The reason the audiophile market is declining is because pricks like him try to flog overpriced do nothing boxes.

Ha ha, he was right.

Enjoy your 10k streamer I'll be enjoying my 600 quid integrated streamer and dac.

I bought a pair of Neat Motive 2s from Darko via Stereo.net.au when he lived in Sydney and I lived in Melbourne. He was a thoroughly nice chap.

I think the simple reason the audio market is dominated by ‘cashed up middle aged dudes’ (as he anachronistically puts it) is simply because such Hi-Fi is bloody expensive and very much a luxury purchase!

I think the simple reason the audio market is dominated by ‘cashed up middle aged dudes’ (as he anachronistically puts it) is simply because such Hi-Fi is bloody expensive and very much a luxury purchase!

Yep, and people are renting into their 40s now, so not much budget left for luxury hi-fi. I’m sure the ‘Smart phone with headphones and a Bluetooth speaker system’ seems a good choice under the circumstances.

On the whole though, I can’t help but feel that this YouTube report is more a comment on the type of people who leave YouTube comments more than ‘audiophiles’ as a whole because I honestly don’t recognise the majority of ‘experts’ he describes - perhaps the DIY DAC guy and perhaps the format snob (I’m one of those myself - sometimes).

Darko’s latest video made me laugh. I think he is describing everyone on this forum, especially the bit about DIY streamers. :)

Aha, seems I have met a few know it all audiophiles in my time.

He should also do one on the music know it all, a few here recently laying claim to all things musically superior.

Or simpler than that, start a cable thread on pfm, watch the flock arrive to save our sorry ass's from ourselves.

His livelyhood depends on box shifting. Can't really expect an honest reply from the sales guy.

advertisement

Back