advertisement

Who's Heard the Dutch & Dutch Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the TT fitting into the pathway?

SJB, I missed this question from you. Apologies. To be honest I've not had a proper listen to the LP12 since install. I've mainly been listening to flac/Qobuz, and then surround.

The 8c shifts serious air in surround! (Latest Queen biopic on bluray, via DTS...)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Hi Phil,

Getting on with them just fine. Going to try a couple of filter changes now Lee has had chance to further reflect on the room measurements he obtained the other day. The bass issue prevalent with the Naim kit has now gone, and also is the slightly forward presentation. it takes a bit of getting used to, but listening to Silver Eye LP by Goldfrapp this morning revealed much more detail and nuance in the music.

I'll come back once we've loads the new filter curves on tomorrow.

Very interesting conversation and IT session with Lee this morning. Using Team Viewer app via my MBP, he showed me how to import settings into the MiniDSP SHD. These were new curves he’d had more time to work on from the measurements we’d obtained during his is last visit.

The MiniDSP software worked flawlessly, and the first of the new settings seem to offer slightly more warmth in the bass, while still maintaining clarity and punch. I’ve two other settings programmed in that have not yet been explored.

The latest stereophile magazine has just arrived in the mail.

They review the D&D 8C. Measurements show excellent FR and directivity. The measurements are in the same class as the Kii 3's. It has more DSP options than the Kii 3 which aids in matching the speaker to the room's acoustics. The reviewer indicates that the factory default D & D balance is warmer than that of the Kii 3.

Should be available for free on the Stereophile site in a couple of weeks.

A few pictures would be nice as well...

Better late than never...?

DSC02178.JPG

DSC02176.JPG

The latest stereophile magazine has just arrived in the mail.

They review the D&D 8C. Measurements show excellent FR and directivity. The measurements are in the same class as the Kii 3's. It has more DSP options than the Kii 3 which aids in matching the speaker to the room's acoustics. The reviewer indicates that the factory default D & D balance is warmer than that of the Kii 3.

Should be available for free on the Stereophile site in a couple of weeks.

You can get a 12 issue digital subscription to Stereophile through Zinio for a hardly bank-breaking $9.99. The review is, as usual, a good one, though it is strange that no one cared to measure the in-room close to a wall behaviour, since this is a particular feature of the design. Would also be good to have some news about the Roon readiness - what is stopping it being available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back