advertisement

Supernait 3 on way?

JoeJoe

pfm Member
Any Naim experts know?.....there are loads of ex-demo SN2’s suddenly for sale. Usually a sign. I ask as I was thinking of buying but would probably hang off if a SN3 is in the offing...

Any Naim experts know?.....there are loads of ex-demo SN2’s suddenly for sale. Usually a sign.

I doubt it. The only "Naim Experts" who might know this are Naim themselves and they aren't going to spill the beans on a forum like this first.

No SN3 gossip in the Naim Forum, but an XS3 thread has been recently deleted by the moderator... So something is going on...

i bought my Naim SN2 ex demo from Germany ( i live in India ) last year on a business visit..

well... business + SN2 visit :)

i like the SN2 lots - does things very nicely for me.

Any Naim experts know?.....there are loads of ex-demo SN2’s suddenly for sale. Usually a sign. I ask as I was thinking of buying but would probably hang off if a SN3 is in the offing...

SN2 not the only item on sale

I've seen Nova's and Atom too
Lots of old mk 1 Muso and Qb

Capital investors need profit before holidays in Salisbury
Maybe they are putting the business up for sale ?

Guess they have a vast number of new products on the test
I'm not that exited after latest Muso 2 and silly priced Lumina were launched
Fwiw my olive pre/power knocked a SN2 into ..

Was not impressed with Statement/Focal at Munich show

The golden days are over

No SN3 gossip in the Naim Forum, but an XS3 thread has been recently deleted by the moderator... So something is going on...

Lots of XS2’s up for sale too......summinks up! Lol

As for the golden days are over, definitely. Their website had a tortuous countdown for an exciting new Naim product that had all forum members champing at the bit only to find it was a new Muso! An all in one assembled in China, talk about over-hype!

I was thinking something was up too as my Naim dealer has removed the supernait 2 from its product listing as well as having their demo one for sale.

It sounds to me that they were not happy with the new product for the great Munich launch, and pulled it from the release.

Possibly another rationalisation in the portfolio: only one integrated classic amp remaining.

They do probably have a new version of 272 streamer/pre out soon
A Qb II too

Guess a new entrylevel integrated amp made in Asia
Perhaps Atom looks

XS & SN range soon to be discontinued
A Statement integrated will come

Their product range seem quite confusing tbh

I doubt it. The only "Naim Experts" who might know this are Naim themselves and they aren't going to spill the beans on a forum like this first.

Yes there is a new naim supernait 3 being released , any day now you will hear about it i am sure .

gosh the sn2 has been around for a fair old bit now . Brilliant amp , be interesting to see what the sn3 is like when it gets announced officially

Of all that naits I never noticed much difference of all the 5’s to be honest, model changes are usually as a result of parts used no longer available and a price increase and to keep current.

NAIT OG 1983
NAIT 2 1988
NAIT 3 1993
NAIT 5 2000
NAIT 5i 2003
NAIT 5i 2007
NAIT 5si 2013

NAIT XS 2008
NAIT XS2 2013

SUPERNAIT 2007
SUPERNAIT 2 2013

Same as ever.

Discounting the 5 range from your list looks like every 5 to 6 years so I guess a SN3 is imminent

Considered buying a Supernait about a decade ago and went for a demo at Graham's Hi Fi in London. It was good, but I went for a secondhand EAR V2 integrated valve amp and the DAC I already had.

It will be interesting to see and hear what a Supernait 3 if like, if one comes out.

Jack

advertisement

Back