advertisement

Glasto 2019

The Cure and the Chemical brothers would be the two BIG acts for me.

I see Idris Elba is also on the decks!!? :)

Hawkwind and Keb 'Mo about the only acts I'd be interested in, think the lineup is dire, my daughter had always wanted to go and even she said it looks pretty crap.

So that's another few hundred quid saved :p:D

Bit of a weak lineup IMO, no real heavy hitters so to speak, still hope it stays dry and it doesn't get to hot, i remember going to see deep purple at Milton Keynes bowl, it was a scorcher people were passing out all over the place as there is no getting out of the sun, as people say glasto is no longer about the music anymore it's enough to say you have been there, have fun

Having checked out the line up all I can say is it should go on for about 2 weeks..there are more stages than most festivals have acts! I would only be interested in maybe 1 in 20 of the acts but there's still enough so many would be clashing with one another....

A few big names from the past that I assumed had retired even... Rickie Lee Jones, Nenah Cherry and Mavis Staples to name just a few....

And why aren't Hawkwind headlining!!?? Kylie who?

Loads of good stuff down the list on the minor stages, e.g. I’d not spotted Acid Mothers Temple, Sons Of Kemet etc. The main stage is even more avoidable than usual, nothing there I’d turn up for.

PS Hawkwind on the acoustic tent? Huh? No VCS3 and fuzz guitar through a Copycat = no Hawkwind IMO. I’d not expect much from them though, I saw them about 20 years ago and they were hopelessly stale even then.

Loads of good stuff down the list on the minor stages, e.g. I’d not spotted Acid Mothers Temple, Sons Of Kemet etc. The main stage is even more avoidable than usual, nothing there I’d turn up for.

PS Hawkwind on the acoustic tent? Huh? No VCS3 and fuzz guitar through a Copycat = no Hawkwind IMO. I’d not expect much from them though, I saw them about 20 years ago and they were hopelessly stale even then.

My thoughts exactly! Space-ROCK.... Seen 'em a few times but can't remember any of them....:oops:o_O:rolleyes: Was on the desk for Nick Turner Allstars once but they turned up 2 hours late and we 'd had to give their set to a last minute replacement local Welsh heavy metal band so they only ended up doing a very few tracks....

I saw them about 20 years ago and they were hopelessly stale even then.

I 'saw' them 30 years ago at Leeds Poly and thought they were pretty good, but it's hard to be objective. I've rarely seen so many people tripping in one room, and that includes large scale raves in '89.

advertisement

Back