advertisement

Who's Heard the Dutch & Dutch Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that amongst the many pluspunten, the Dutch review of the Dutch & Dutch 8C specifically mentions "transparante en neutrale klank."

Phew, I was worried the klank wasn't transparent and neutral.

Sorry, it sounded funny in my head.

Joe

Yep, but not until I’ve sorted the cables out.

mrsdoyle.jpg

I see that amongst the many pluspunten, the Dutch review of the Dutch & Dutch 8C specifically mentions "transparante en neutrale klank."

Phew, I was worried the klank wasn't transparent and neutral.

Sorry, it sounded funny in my head.

Joe

Joe,
as you have no doubt discovered, the Dutch klank means 'sound', and shares its etymology with the German Klang (same meaning). British people of a certain age are more attuned to these words, thanks to the children's TV series The Clangers (1969-72). The series explored the strange relationship between the Clangers and the Soup Dragon (German Suppendrache), a mythical creature that lives in underground caves full of highly nutritious soup. The Suppendrache is attested in several German medieval texts, and an early draft of the libretto of Wagner's Ring Cycle casts Fafner in the role of provider of magical soup.
Matt

Matt,

Your British children’s programming seems entirely normal next to the weird stuff Canadian kids had to watch.

Joe

Andrew, Glad to hear that you’ve finally got your long awaited 8c’s. I’ve personally been very pleased with mine and have no regrets heading down this route. I eagerly look forward to seeing your pictures of them up and running

Andrew, Glad to hear that you’ve finally got your long awaited 8c’s. I’ve personally been very pleased with mine and have no regrets heading down this route. I eagerly look forward to seeing your pictures of them up and running
I'm very glad Andrew has got his too, but for different reasons - I've now got his loaner speakers !

Is there any point using a better DAC with the D&D if you are feeding them with analogue out only for the D&D's to re-digitize the signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back