advertisement

Hiraga Le Monstre

It was in the French magazine "l'Audiophile". It was never intended to be anything other than a high end design and the original article in fact calls for a pair of 70AH lorry batteries and up to a Farad of capacitance in the power supply!!!!

How many to make it viable? I've no idea. All depends on how much people will pay individually. If folks think they are going to get some giant killing super amp for just a few hundred quid then forget it! The only involvement I'm willing to have is in the technical side of things. If this is to become a pfm DIY group buy and project then I ain't the guy running it!

Basically then it's a no go with virtually unobtanium bits?

Basically then it's a no go with virtually unobtanium bits?

If one is after something as cheap, easy and predictable as a NAP140 clone etc then yes...

If one is looking for an amp to take on anything at any price and you have reasonably efficient speakers and are willing to throw some money and effort at it then it's perfectly doable.... and worth the effort!

There are the replacements for the unobtainium FET's which are discussed up thread... available but from very few sources and not cheap. There are various suitable transistors to replace the original ones and not that difficult to get.

Very nice matching! and I must look into getting a Peak Pro!

I've got a Peak Pro DCA75 that I should really sell because it's just sat here unused. It's mint, boxed and was only used for a short time one day. The USB stick is still sealed in it's plastic wrap. I'd take £60 posted if you or anyone else wants it.

I've got a Peak Pro DCA75 that I should really sell because it's just sat here unused. It's mint, boxed and was only used for a short time one day. The USB stick is still sealed in it's plastic wrap. I'd take £60 posted if you or anyone else wants it.

I'd snap your hand of but it seems an earlier bird than myself has beaten me to it...

I'm only needing it for a few jobs, happy to pass on after.
Up to Matt who he sells to anyway, I could manage without.

Wish i'd thought a bit more before writting what I wrote (story of my life) - Last thing I want to do is upset anyone.

If Jez agrees, how about selling it to him for say £50 delivered, after you've finished with it? How long would you need it for Dave?

Does that sound fair?

Wish i'd thought a bit more before writting what I wrote (story of my life) - Last thing I want to do is upset anyone.

If Jez agrees, how about selling it to him for say £50 delivered, after you've finished with it? How long would you need it for Dave?

Does that sound fair?

Fine by me so long as I get it still in A1 condition and with all the accessories (Software, USB cable etc):)

I hadn't realised till this thread just how powerful and versatile the top model actually was and immediately thought "why haven't I had one of these for years!?":)

Does that sound fair?

Fine by me. It will probably be 2 months until I've got the jobs done, if Jez can wait that long, otherwise feel free to sell direct to him.

Jez, you can have mine. I'm up to my ears in matched parts for all my projects and I have the basic model as a back up anyway. I might call it back at some point if I need it for a specific job, but I cant imagine when. I'm done with matching parts for the foreseeable...

Jez, you can have mine. I'm up to my ears in matched parts for all my projects and I have the basic model as a back up anyway. I might call it back at some point if I need it for a specific job, but I cant imagine when. I'm done with matching parts for the foreseeable...

That solves a problem then! PM with how much you want for it Si:) Will speed things up on the phono stage when I eventually get round to it and I have a much more interesting and urgent use too... see class A amplifiers thread.

advertisement

Back