advertisement

Nikon 200-500

Not a patch on the other shots in this thread, but I had to try the 200-500 for myself. Bought it from John Lewis and will be comparing it to the Tamron 150-600 G2. In reality, I suspect there will be very little to separate the lenses, but it's fun to play with gear sometimes :)

48073374396_51872ff2ec_b.jpg

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 200-500mm f5.6

Lefty

Last edited:
Reactions: ron
Not a patch on the other shots in this thread, but I had to try the 200-500 for myself. Bought it from John Lewis and will be comparing it to the Tamron 150-600 G2. In reality, I suspect there will be very little to separate the lenses, but it's fun to play with gear sometimes :)

48073374396_51872ff2ec_b.jpg

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 200-500mm f5.6

Lefty
Lovely shot of a juvenile Blue tit

I had this lens on a Nikon d5500 moved both on as I'm not dedicated enough .
Here's a few I took with the combo :

Reactions: ron
Great shots. I’m selling various bits to fund a 200-500. The VR sounds interesting, my lenses are all pre vr.

Colin,

Those are really nice. Are you using extension tubes or does the 200-500mm f/5.6 focus that close?

Joe

Thanks Joe. They are just with the straight 200-500. It will focus down to 2.2m so makes a pretty useful lens for insects without getting too close. It will also work with my 1.4 converter but the autofocus is a bit slower so needs good light and no wind.

Colin,

I've been eyeing that lens for a while, based on the shots here and reviews elesewhere. It looks amazing, especially for the money.

I do have a macro lens, but with insects — especially skittish ones — the more working room the better.

Joe

Hi Joe
I find it a really good lens for insects, birds etc. and it is not too heavy for a 500mm. I use it far more than I ever used my 300mm 2.8. I picked mine up secondhand from MPB for about half price and it was in mint condition, just missing the original box and soft case.

advertisement

Back