advertisement

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tories own private polling tells them that, Labour will recapture every last splitters seat and that Ellison will likely hang onto her faux Tory seat in South Cambs. The bit no-one in the MSM mentioned after the local elections was simple. In the swing seats, the swing to labour was enough to give them a 20-30 seat majority. The reason several Blairites are indulging in any old crap to cause trouble is simple. They would have to vote for policies their "owners" specifically don't want.

The truth is, much of the Labour policy is of the sort that falls into the "Why didn;t we think of this earlier category and with the 30-40 demographic shift, to try and reverse them would be electoral suicide. The Tories and the Blairites both know this and know it's the end for untrammelled capitalism as we have known it for 40 odd years. There's no "it could be worse you could be living in ,,,," any more as an excuse for neoliberalism which was in the final analysis, the actual reason many voted for it. Anyone thinking of voting for the Yellow Tories is an idiot, they are the chief architects of this current mess whilst the Blairites were so spineless they sat on their hands as the Tories and Lib Dems wrecked the social cohesion of our society.

One of the best "self owns" of recent times was a bunch of FBPE "Pork Fillet en croute" banging on about "Corbyn voted against the Maastricht treaty"..Yes he did and 2 weeks after it was signed they changed it to include exactly the clause that Corbyn said needed to be added to see him vote for it. How many more times does the left have to be right sic, before people stop swallowing the total BS the MSM spout?

In other news, in the spirit of the new Tory party, the leadership election has been scrapped and the new leader will be the person who can eat the most dry Jacob's Cream Crackers in 5 minutes without blowing any crumbs. The new leader will also be instituting a new cabinet post "The Minister for Munchies" and a chill out room will be opened in the HOC with a needle exchange.

How many more times does the left have to be right sic, before people stop swallowing the total BS the MSM spout?

Says the bloke who posts endless BS. :D Didn't you assure us Farage would have been arrested months ago?

Anyway, which drug-addled t****er will be the next PM? Unless we get the headline about Jeremy Hunt dealing ketamine in the Commons toilet, it's looking bad for Gove.

Tomorrow's splash: "Michael Gove hosted a cocaine-fuelled party in his London flat just hours after writing an article condemning the evils of the Class A drug, The Mail on Sunday can reveal."

Baroness Warsi would concur:

Sayeeda Warsi‏Verified account @SayeedaWarsi
I’ve lost count of the number of meetings I’ve sat in with Gove where he’s judged, maligned, & sanctimoniously argued that there should be no path to rehabilitation nor road to redemption for anyone that may have SAID something that although legal may be objectionable
#Hypocrisy

One of the best "self owns" of recent times was a bunch of FBPE "Pork Fillet en croute" banging on about "Corbyn voted against the Maastricht treaty"..Yes he did and 2 weeks after it was signed they changed it to include exactly the clause that Corbyn said needed to be added to see him vote for it. How many more times does the left have to be right sic, before people stop swallowing the total BS the MSM spout?
But since he voted against the subsequent Lisbon treaty as well, maybe it wasn’t quite enough after all.

Farage is on borrowed time. Banks has been accused to his face of taking Putin's money and so far, hasn't issued a single writ. There's a grand jury still sitting that's working its' way through the whole debacle. Now you have other players in the mix,including Israel, it's all becoming rather murky. If you keep up with Seth Abramson, you'd know that.

What has happened to positive vetting these days? Skeletons like class A drug abuse left him wide open to spy agency blackmail

Gove promising to scrap VAT for sales tax.

That is a huge thing for me as a business owner and would be most welcome. Much bigger than Brexit. However, there are surely not enough business owners in UK for it to win him the job?

Malaysia recently reverted from a VAT like tax back to a sales tax and you should hear the outrage from companies that can no longer claim input tax

His past drug pronouncements are being dredged up to haunt him this morning. Someone has pointed out he may be barred entry to the US.

How much credence would anyone give to Boris’s contrived get-out?-

Boris Johnson has said he was offered a “white substance” at university, but none went up his nose because he sneezed. He said he has “no idea whether it was cocaine or not”.

Yes, he had no idea what it was, might as well have been Norman Tebbit’s pubic dandruff.

His past drug pronouncements are being dredged up to haunt him this morning. Someone has pointed out he may be barred entry to the US

Wouldn`t that require him to have been charged and convicted of drug offences? - otherwise hardly any politicians or entertainers would be able to visit the US.

Wouldn`t that require him to have been charged and convicted of drug offences? - otherwise hardly any politicians or entertainers would be able to visit the US.
The ESTA form and previously the visa application had a series of self- incriminatory questions such as “have you ever xxx?”. Nigella Lawson got banned from entry, though not sure if she had been nailed for it as opposed to being caught putting it up her hooter by the paparazzi.

His past drug pronouncements are being dredged up to haunt him this morning. Someone has pointed out he may be barred entry to the US.

How much credence would anyone give to Boris’s contrived get-out?-

Boris Johnson has said he was offered a “white substance” at university, but none went up his nose because he sneezed. He said he has “no idea whether it was cocaine or not”.

Yes, he had no idea what it was, might as well have been Norman Tebbit’s pubic dandruff.
Although I am always up for giving the establishment a bloody nose, the drug thing is quite weak. Most people I know, if not all of my age, have tried something. It must be hard to find an MP that also has never taken drugs.

Anyway, off with his head. Unless he defo scraps VAT. The business community would remember it as his greatest legacy. Sorry, I mean the only decent thing he did as PM.

How has Michael Gove costed scrapping VAT? In a declining economy that revenue will have to come from somewhere.

How has Michael Gove costed scrapping VAT? In a declining economy that revenue will have to come from somewhere.
I think it is on paper an easy equation. If every sales transaction gathered 10% instead of gathering 20% on the sale and allowing 20% on the input (which in my company's case is half the retail price of the product. What I mean is, they know what they are gathering net it is in our VAT returns. They just need that amount.

In practice I wonder how challenging it will be. All those POS machines and all the 'office' expenses that companies are used to. This is a big avenue for fraud. I can get a hoover, fridge, microwave, bikes, cleaning products, bin liners, teabags, sugar, milk, clothing, all kinds of stuff to make my personal income less burdened, reduce my net profit and enable some VAT to be claimed.

Of course he hasn’t.

They are all at the promise everything to everyone stage in a desperate attempt to get elected, then pick up the pieces later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back