advertisement

Nikon 200-500

Thanks both , must admit for a zoom this is a good lens , I was standing 3-4 meters away when I took these so had to crop quite heavy .

These are absolutely superb Ron! Making me want to trade my Tamron 150-600 for the Nikon 200-500....

Lefty

Reactions: ron
Hand held tracking as they were flying using back button autofocus, single point, manual shutter and aperture with auto ISO. Got to find time to have a look at the others. This one just needed a bit of cropping

Yes both male and female. Taken on the Southwest Coast path between Budleigh Salterton and Sidmouth last Sunday.

I'm still using the 200-500 and D850, keep looking at the 500mm PF, anybody tried one yet ?

Just a few more Peregrine shots with the 200-500 wide open at f5.6

Stellar images as always Ron. I've been drooling over the 500PF but there's no way I could justify buying one. Looks a lovely lens, but judging from the images you're getting with the 200-500, what extra would you be hoping to get from the 500?

Not knowing a huge amount about these lenses, would a second hand 300/2.8 VRII not make a better buy? Use with a TC for more reach and use without for something really special with bigger / more close up subjects?

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/nikon...N02zIatIfc0J8NHDUeuOQ9WPQ8YqcZxpUgaAoMi8P8HAQ

Lefty

Stellar images as always Ron. I've been drooling over the 500PF but there's no way I could justify buying one. Looks a lovely lens, but judging from the images you're getting with the 200-500, what extra would you be hoping to get from the 500?

Not knowing a huge amount about these lenses, would a second hand 300/2.8 VRII not make a better buy? Use with a TC for more reach and use without for something really special with bigger / more close up subjects?

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/nikon...N02zIatIfc0J8NHDUeuOQ9WPQ8YqcZxpUgaAoMi8P8HAQ

Lefty
Thank you , ideally I’d like a little extra speed , the 200-500 isn’t the quickest when it comes to grabbing so I usually have to help a little with my thumb on the focus ring . I do have a 300mm f2.8 , it works great with the TC-14e iii but not so good with the 1.7 or x2 when it comes to fast birds . I still find 420mm a little short on fullframe , something like a 600mm f4 would be nice

Thank you , ideally I’d like a little extra speed , the 200-500 isn’t the quickest when it comes to grabbing so I usually have to help a little with my thumb on the focus ring . I do have a 300mm f2.8 , it works great with the TC-14e iii but not so good with the 1.7 or x2 when it comes to fast birds . I still find 420mm a little short on fullframe , something like a 600mm f4 would be nice

Ah... I see. From what I've read (and experienced when I tested the two lenses) the Tamron 150-600 G2 is quicker to focus than the Nikon. It will so give you a bit more reach. Worth considering?

Lefty

advertisement

Back