advertisement

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's difficult to see how the Tory's can avoid a general election...
I don’t think there’s any chance of one. The new Tory leader won’t call one and Labour won’t want to force one after their respective showings in the local and EU elections - even more so after next Thursday when the Brexit party romp home in the Peterborough by-election.

A Trump endorsement must surely go a long way toward torpedoing the endorsee's chances.

The Tory Party leadership contenders are vying with one another to prove who can lead the Brexit death charge as fast as possible because they have The Brexit Party ready and waiting to take seats off them if they don’t. The Tory Party and Farage are in control of the agenda. Daddy Trump is arriving to give out the candy next week.

Still find it mind boggling that candidates like mummy loathsome are talking about "managed no-deal", a meaningless concept that depends on agreements with the EU they have already ruled out as nonsense!

Either they think the electors are stupid, or they are stupid themselves. I must somehow get over my failure to believe that senior MPs are actually so stupid.

Some candidates in the Conservative leadership contest should consider pulling out, Housing Minister James Brokenshire will say later
Mr Brokenshire will call on the least popular candidates to retire before nominations close next week.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48493432

Ken Clarke says:
Former Chancellor Ken Clarke called the contest a "shambles" and said there were too many people running.
He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that the race was "in danger of becoming a rather tragic farce unless some order is brought into it".

Buried further down the article this morning but now removed was this little gem:

Mr Brokenshire will also use the speech to suggest (young) people should be allowed to use part of their pension pot to help them buy their first home

Don't be surprised if this comes about if they are enabled again with a majority, or perhaps with the backing of the LibDems who will probably say they are against it before they get to sniff the trough.

Mr Brokenshire will also use the speech to suggest (young) people should be allowed to use part of their pension pot to help them buy their first home

In my experience, trying to get any younger employees interested in putting money into a pension pot may result in them buying a small shed

Is Michael going down, following his Baltic tea announcement?

t041fp.jpg

I suspect one of the papers is preparing an exposure on one of the nominees current drug use

Strategically drawn out of the cupboard by his wife's newspaper to prevent uncontrolled discovery. Or is it to encourage others to admit youthful failings, possibly worse ones?
Exactly. I think we can expect a shooting war. Boris’s camp will have even more kompromat on Gove. This is going to be most entertaining.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48564722

Gove regrets his mistake. Perhaps what he really means is he regrets his behaviour has come to light.

The article is quite a read. It might be easier to publish the names of those who haven't "made a mistake" like this to regret.
"The question now is that people should look at my record as a politician and ask themselves, 'Is this person we see ready to lead now?"

HAHAHAHA!

I am currently abroad so don't know how old the interview I just saw between McVey and the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire. I was utterly shocked at the way McVey lied through her teeth about the benefits system and was allowed to with minimal challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back