advertisement

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have a search for that. He’s a low grade CallMeDave tribute act I feel.

He’s terrible, you can virtually see his mind wrestling and squirming with itself, he contradicts himself, then thinks ‘o shit’, what have i said, then backtracks round in circles, it’s awful to watch.

That first video on the Indy site must be staged, he's holding his arm out like he's filming him self with a phone but it's the steadiest self held camera I've ever seen, the frame doesn't flinch a millimetre!

When asked, he admitted he was pretending to hold his phone, presumably to keep intact the conceit that he was wandering out alone, sans lackeys. Barking.

You didn’t by any chance see Naga Munchetty interviewing him this morning did you?

Was cringetastic! She made him (very easily) look a fool, car crash TV.
Did you notice he was missing his obligatory gay pride NHS lapel badge? Clearly trying to appeal to the hard right and “with a deal” factions at the same time.

And managing to tear himself a new arsehole on the fence he was trying to sit in at the time

James Cleverly asked on C4 what job he was after in the new regime. Cleverly- “Look, I’m going to be honest with you....”.

Must have really stuck in his throat.

Did you notice he was missing his obligatory gay pride NHS lapel badge? Clearly trying to appeal to the hard right and “with a deal” factions at the same time.

And managing to tear himself a new arsehole on the fence he was trying to sit in at the time

Lapel badge missing, no, missed that lovely touch (that was missing) :oops:

And now there are 12.

Mark Harper. Never heard of him.

Not much between them on the cringeometer.

Sad to think a tory govt with one of these people as PM will probably be enabled at the next election.

Take a good look at them and their record before you vote.

Mark Harper a new challenger. Mark’s USP is he’s never been a member of anyone’s cabinet. Yes I can see why. Mark just wants to get Brexit done, he has a fresh perspective. Something tells me Dacre won’t even have to get the compromising pics of Mark out.

I don’t agree at all. There is just as much difference between Rory Stewart and Esther McVey as there is between Tom Watson and Kate Hoey!

Yep
McVey isn't claiming a military career, no matter how tenuous.

I don’t agree at all. There is just as much difference between Rory Stewart and Esther McVey as there is between Tom Watson and Kate Hoey!
A Rory Hard Brexit won't be as bad as an Esther Hard Brexit? Or is there actually another issue of concern other than brexit?

A Rory Hard Brexit won't be as bad as an Esther Hard Brexit? Or is there actually another issue of concern other than brexit?

I was under the impression Rory Stewart wouldn’t ‘hard-Brexit’, that being the main difference between him and nutters like McVey, Raab etc.

I was under the impression Rory Stewart wouldn’t ‘hard-Brexit’, that being the main difference between him and nutters like McVey, Raab etc.
When it comes to it, the tory party will go for a hard brexit, imo.

Hunt also claims to be against a hard brexit. Do you trust him?

What do you think would be the difference between a Rory or a Hunt brexit versus a Labour brexit?

Opium-pipers, bluffers and no-dealers impress in this Tory battle of nonentities
Marina Hyde

The Conservative party leadership race is already providing rich entertainment at the whole country’s expense

The official tagline for the Tory leadership contest is “EXPERIENCE MAGIC THIS SUMMER”. Its key value divide is between candidates who would smoke opium at an Iranian wedding, and candidates who would order a drone strike on one. We haven’t even begun to hear from frontrunner Boris Johnson, that flytipped sofa, who will probably be endorsed next week by visiting indignitary Donald Trump.

Still, plenty to be getting on with. Esther McVey would order you a drone strike, no problem. The only issue is whether she’d be able to get all the gays in one place. This week, Esther waded into the grimly regressive row about LGBT teaching, suggesting that parents should have the right to deny their children educational access to reality (I’m paraphrasing). As she put it: “I believe parents know best for their children.” Yes babe! That’s why measles is back. That’s why you personally defend the refusal to pay a mother benefits for her third child unless she can prove she was raped.

McVey joins every other Tory candidate in promising to “deliver Brexit”, even though it’s a parcel 30 times bigger than Britain’s letterbox. Esther’s full no-deal, naturally, while Sajid Javid … well, The Saj has bravely refused to reveal any spoilers about his thinking on Brexit.

More> https://www.theguardian.com/comment...deal-tory-battle-conservative-leadership-race

The Dreary Dozen, lols.

What do you think would be the difference between a Rory or a Hunt brexit versus a Labour bexit?

There is no “Labour Brexit” as they have negotiated nothing with the EU, nor are they in a position to deliver anything as they do not have the numbers in the house even with the other progressives (many who would vote against). As such it is not on the table. The only possibilities are:

a) May’s ‘dead unicorn the third’ deal.

b) Crash out without any deal leaving NI in breach of an international peace treaty and the UK without many core economic structures.

c) Revoke A50.

To my mind ‘c’ is the only non-destructive option. The other two clearly make us hugely worse off.

If there is a GE my vote will go for the party most likely to achieve ‘c’, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back