advertisement

The Tory leadership race- that’s quite a bestiary there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boris will win the race to be leader

He will try to somehow put 'No Deal' back in play

Labour will call for a vote of no confidence in the Gov't

Remainer Tory's will vote against the Gov't bringing it down

General election

Bets anyone ?

Not a cat in hell's chance.

Tories will not vote against the govt once the brexshiteers are in charge.

I still wonder about Johnson. I posted this on another thread, but got no reaction........
It's not completely impossible. May would never do that because she believes in the party, and it would definitely destroy the party. For Johnson the party's a vehicle for personal advancement and he may get a better offer, who knows.

He was the double agent hero of ‘The Malthouse Compromise’, a novel by Robert Ludlum. Often quoted as a major influence by Jacob Rees-Mogg, who writes spy novels under the pseudonym Lee Child.

Is that not Che Lild the famous Maltese author?

They are all a bunch of worthless parasites who

Can we ask Trump to come and be PM?.... may as well, - our bunch of drowning rats won't be able to rescue the party. At least with Trump in charge he'd just tell the EU to **** off and be done with it. o_O

And we'd become financial pariahs at the level of South American countries unable to borrow without punishing interest rates if we renege on our debt to the EU.

I’ve been very impressed at how Rory Stewart has destroyed his “I’m a reasonable one-nation, sensible Tory” schtick in a matter of days.

The big problem for the UK is that the Tory leadership campaign is a beauty pageant where the judges are bonkers right wingers. It's not a process that will attract sensible candidates or produce any kind of reasonable leader.

I see the only other option is to just stop talking to Barnier, leaving it all in limbo.
That might work until the end of the year but (whisper it in case some are offended) he may well be replaced by a new,elected,EUrocrat

That first video on the Indy site must be staged, he's holding his arm out like he's filming him self with a phone but it's the steadiest self held camera I've ever seen, the frame doesn't flinch a millimetre!
Maybe he’s holding his arm forth, patrician stylee, toga draped over it. Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make hang around Kew Gardens waiting for the proletariat to turn up.

Evan Davies is doing a charming little puff piece for Matt Handcock on R4. He has a long haired dachshund and likes cricket. It was profoundly touching.

Evan Davies is doing a charming little puff piece for Matt Handcock on R4. He has a long haired dachshund and likes cricket. It was profoundly touching.

You didn’t by any chance see Naga Munchetty interviewing him this morning did you?

Was cringetastic! She made him (very easily) look a fool, car crash TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back