advertisement

NEBO 10 (North East Bake Off)

Progmeister

The Progmeister
Due to unforeseen circumstances i have had to change the venue for NEBO 10. It will be now held at The Wellington in Billingham Teesside. Date and times remain the same. It will be upstairs so not as disabled friendly as i have been striving for but the owner is on board and he sells awfully good beer and food. It is shaping up to be a great day so get yourself along and hear some great music played on some great kit. It's a fun day for the audio enthusiast.
More info if you need it on 07791314269.

QCMZj5U.jpg

Due to unforeseen circumstances i have had to change the venue for NEBO 10. It will be now held at The Wellington in Billingham Teesside. Date and times remain the same. It will be upstairs so not as disabled friendly as i have been striving for but the owner is on board and he sells awfully good beer and food. It is shaping up to be a great day so get yourself along and hear some great music played on some great kit. It's a fun day for the audio enthusiast.
More info if you need it on 07791314269.

QCMZj5U.jpg
NEBO 10 is really shaping up to be a great day. I’ve had word from some of the usual attendees who are a joy to be with and on this occasion Mark Sears of The Missing Link who has promised to bring along some great toys for us all to listen to. Mark is a diamond geezer and one who’s room at Scalford is one that I frequented the most on my visits there. This along with the promise of a top Naim CD555 from Micky Ricky and Mike Davis with his Rega shod Audio Technica ART cartridge. Sadly on this occasion we will be missing NEBO stalwart Alan Towell who due to work commitments abroad can’t make it. Alan’s magical reel to reel and self-built Voyager amps will be a big miss. However a full day is still well and truly on the cards. Ken Wynn and partner in crime Gordon always have something a little different for us to listen to. Gordon’s time as a DJ in LA some years back guarantees some new music to be tantalised by. He always manages to cost me a bloomin fortune. Hopefully the legend who is Les Wolstenholme of Avondale Audio will be along too. No doubt Nebo veteran Mik Rik will be bringing along his Radford power amp that always manage to raise a smile or too.

The Wellington pub is a rather splendid old listed building and a little rickety. The food and beer are rather splendid and Dan the landlord is a big music fan and more than happy to accommodate us for a full 12 hours. Let me tell you Neboites, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find venues that will allow us to stage our beloved day. As usual, based upon the success of the day I will organize NEBO 11. With this in mind I may even consider seeking out sponsorship and hiring somewhere bigger and more in keeping with our needs. For now though my vote is to enjoy the hospitality of The Wellington and bask in the day. My apologies to Barrington should he plan on attending as the room is on the first floor and not disabled friendly something that I promise will be addressed on any future events. There is a hotel nearby should anyone need to stay overnight. Please PM me should you need details. All that remains gentlemen is to wish you all safe journeys to and from Nebo and to have a most excellent day.

See ya down there

Alas, I'm working that day - but great to see that these events take place this far up the country :) Hopefully I'll make it to one eventually.

Sadly I’m away to Portugal that weekend otherwise I’d be attending. Good luck. Hopefully next year.

advertisement

Back