advertisement

Goldring MC cartridge thoughts

kowalski99

pfm Member
Hi
I just wondered if anyone has heard the newish Goldring Elite MC cartridge? If so what are your thoughts? I'm looking at the ortofon quintet black, Hana SL or Rega Apheta as other options but had a great Goldring cart a few years ago and this interested me.
Thanks for any advice

Hi
I just wondered if anyone has heard the newish Goldring Elite MC cartridge? If so what are your thoughts? I'm looking at the ortofon quintet black, Hana SL or Rega Apheta as other options but had a great Goldring cart a few years ago and this interested me.
Thanks for any advice
What arm/TT? I would recommend the AT33 range BTW

FG Fritz Gyger / Line contact need plenty of adjustment VTA/Azimuth etc for best results
standard on every quality tonearm on the market except Rega

I too have often wondered about the Goldring MCs but compared with similar priced MCs from the other big cart makers there doesn't seem to be too much in the way of information out there, and what is is usually quite old or relates to a previous version etc.

The Eroica and Elite on paper look like cracking carts and have been tempted to pull the trigger quite a few times.

Interested why you say newish, the Elite has been around for years. I had one up to about ten years ago, however I would now also vote for an AT33PTG.

It's funny how you almost never hear anything about the Goldring MC's. They're seemingly not in vogue like AT, Ortofon etc. Obviously one reason is that they've been unchanged for eons (Eroica and Elite) but the Legacy model came and went without much attention.

Can you support that assertion? I recall visiting the factory many years ago & they were certainly making the parts themselves & assembling the MC cartridges at that time.

I know the new-ish 21xx MI range is made by Nagaoka but that’s not MC. Don’t know which should be made by AT? Clearaudio MM’s may be based on AT internals.

advertisement

Back