advertisement

The National “I am easy to find” out

Listened to it a few times now and I like it a lot, loving the large amount of female vocalists and duets, will have to check out the film project attached to it.

I listened to it a few times on Qobuz before the vinyl got here, not managed to give it a spin yet.

The National? Marmite!
I like them a lot and I suspect that if anyone does, they will never be disappointed by their music.

The triple black LP has just arrived and is currently playing - very "The National" - and very good, and so far a good pressing too.

The triple black LP has just arrived and is currently playing - very "The National" - and very good, and so far a good pressing too.

Triple black?? Is this a thing? I'm aware of double black, double clear and the triple set in 3 diff colours, but not triple black. Where was this from?

I was away yesterday - delivery guy left it outside jammed behind a concrete pot so its wet and damaged and on it's way back. At least I've got it playing via Tidal. Not their absolute best but very good and growing on me.

What's the standard black vinyl like? I must say that the coloured triple is stunning, or at least mine is, absolutely deathly quiet even in lead-in/run-out and it's a cracking recording as well. Really pleased with it, but then I should be at the price.

Very fancy colour vinyl triple edition available and still in stock at Amazon.

PS CD here.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Yeah sorry Tony, I always forget to link stuff, although I got mine direct from 4AD, I never thought to check Amazon for it.

It is I think really good. Very different to the previous two which I really liked as well. It’s more static and filled with a really nice melancholy. If Sleep Well Beast was the rage stage over his grief, this has moved on a little, not quite acceptance but sort of getting there. They’re certainly a band that challenge and provoke feelings.

Really enjoying I Am Easy to Find and the inclusion of the female vocals adds another welcome dimension... tempted to say it's their best yet.

Listening to it now on headphones via Spotify. Got it on Saturday on CD so have heard it a few times. First thought it was a bit like the approach David Crosby took with some of his recent albums: add other singers to bring a bit of dynamism to his/the lead singer's voice.

I might change my mind but i think the high-brow leanings of the Dessners have had a particular impact

advertisement

Back