advertisement

CRASS Reissues

Hifi Pig

Don't know how many will be interested but Crass are rereleasing all their records that have been remastered at Abbey Road by Penny Rimbaud. They are available through One LIttle Indian and through Steve Ignorant's site. ANOK4U2 :)

Still got my brother's originals but admit I've never played em, just admired the fold out sleeves

We're the recordings of good enough quality to justify an Abbey Road remaster? Not having a dig, just curious

I’ve got one of them, Penis Envy IIRC, must dig it out for a spin sometime as it is rather good as I recall.

Penny says they have been done to sound as close to the originals as possible. I already have most of the stuff on vinyl but will get these too by way of supporting them. Steve is a cool guy i'm in the process of interviewing. You can get artwork of the album artwork and other artwork of Gee Vaucher at her site https://www.exitstencilpress.com/ Service is great and prices are very good. We have Oh America, Penis Envy, Feeding and Bloody Revolutions. Will get more as and when.

I had one, the escaped hamster attacked the record when temporarily stored in the loft.

A couple of tracks I liked, but not enough to replace it

Bloss

I had one, the escaped hamster attacked the record when temporarily stored in the loft.

A couple of tracks I liked, but not enough to replace it

Bloss
They are an acquired taste, that is for sure. I love them and they played a BIG part in how I approach life.

I really like Crass, for me Feeding The 5000 and Stations of the Crass are all I need. One of records is 33 on one side, 45 the other which annoys me so I keep the records next to my Clash records to annoy them.

Been many years but sure I'll remember some tracks. Will be nice to hear them rather than the wailings of a tone deaf older brother singing with headphones on.

Where should I start d'you think? Got Feeding and Stations

I only have 'Yes Sir I will' but I like it if heavy going in places. The album has one long track per side and begins to reveal that that Crass was as much an art project as political statement. This was confirmed by the arty as f*** '12 Notes on a Summers Day'.

If you have all of the Crass releases, I would also recommend 'Increase the Pressure' by Conflict.

I have all the originals. I lived a couple of miles from them when I was a kid.

Stations & Penis are the picks for me.

never been a fan of crass' music (respect the politics more) but did anyone catch the interview by Ian Svenonius with Penny Rimbaud on Vice's Soft Focus show? it was brilliant ...

Wow. I have mountains of stuff from Crass records, including (I think) every 7” they ever put out. They weren’t even the best thing on their own label, that was definitely The Poison Girls. Their crowning musical achievements were the ‘Sheep Farming in the Falklands’ and ‘How does it feel to be the mother of a thousand dead’ singles, although they were all about a whole lot more than music. Steve and Penny have been gently mining their back catalogue for a while and something like this was on the cards for a while. I hope they reproduce the original fold out paper sleeves and that they make a bit of cash out of it, they really deserve it.

advertisement

Back