advertisement

Munich Hi-End

I have no doubt WB have done their homework on noise pick up, or rather their outsourced motor design team have.

2019m03.jpg

Personally i would have preferred if they just made it stiff, not covered in ripples.

"Ridged for her pleasure"...

Munich is one of those shows everyone interested in Hi-Fi should visit at least once in their lifetime. This was my second year attending and I am already looking forward to next year. The show is simply incredible. Everything in Hi-Fi is there: from the sublime to the ridiculous. And many rooms sound better than anything you will hear anywhere, ever. And some sound mediocre and allow you to feel smug that your system at home costs a tenth of this and sounds so much better.

Some observations: the attendees are different to UK shows. In the UK hifi shows are almost exclusively inhabited by older British males. In Munich it is all ages, all nationalities, and whilst males are in the majority there are many women present. It is refreshing to see. And people seem to be having fun: the atmosphere is buzzing.

I will try and arrange a visit to Munich (I used to live there and it's still one of my favourite cities) to coincide with the show in future. If nothing else it'll demonstrate to my wife that what I spend on hi-fi kit isn't all that bad by comparison.

I will try and arrange a visit to Munich (I used to live there and it's still one of my favourite cities) to coincide with the show in future. If nothing else it'll demonstrate to my wife that what I spend on hi-fi kit isn't all that bad by comparison.

You might then consider to visit hotel Marriott too.

They usually have an alternative (hifi-deluxe) non crowded show.
Free entrance

Some interesting exhibitors, amo FM acoustics, JMP, Audio Note, Fyne.

Indeed FM are very good sound, prices ignored.
French JMP very consistent too

Much crap too but obviously not as much as in MOC

Free entrance

Where is that? How do you get there by public transport? I heard about it while at the High End show but could not find the info...

Free entrance

Sounds interesting and is more products that I would potentially buy - I already have an Audio Note amp but would be interested in hearing more of their stuff and the Fyne speakers look interesting and aren't expensive.

Where is that? How do you get there by public transport? I heard about it while at the High End show but could not find the info...
There was a free shuttle bus service operating from opposite the MOC. Nordfriedhof is the nearest U-Bahn station (also on the U6)

There was a free shuttle bus service operating from opposite the MOC. Nordfriedhof is the nearest U-Bahn station (also on the U6)

We normally visit Munich using our motorhome and stay at the campsite at Thalkirken and it's a nice cycle ride up the river and through the Englischer Garten from there to Nordfriedhof - sounds like it could be a good day out. I just need to make up a reason for being in Munich at the right time and then mention in passing to my wife that there happens to be a hi-fi show on...

A few years ago they made their first hi-show appearance (although long in production) at the Indulgence show in London. It was the best show sound I'd ever heard, using a Vetere turntable and PMC industrial size and looking speakers.Sadly 2 years ago they brought their own speakers and the sound was meh!

advertisement

Back