advertisement

We need to talk about Morrissey... again

I wonder how he levels the usual far right homophobia with his current single "Wedding bell blues" featuring the chorus of "Marry me Bill"!?

You couldn't make it up...

One of the collaborators on his new album has said they wouldn't have done it if they knew about his politics... they didn't look that hard then!

Oh look, a Morrissey controversy. I'm guessing that he has a new LP to promote, as he tends to spout bollocks in order to get free advertising. Tedious, tedious little man.

I view The Smiths as perfectly balanced and was always rather irritated that all the credits went to Morrissey & Marr ignoring the rather excellent bass and drums of Rourke and Joyce! A superb band anyhow, its just a shame Morrissey turned into 100% high-fat English gammon.
We'll have to agree to disagree....
Except about the gammon:)

The Smiths were one of my favourite bands of the ‘80s, I have all the albums, a few 12” singles etc. They were great, just superbly crafted music with funny and rather clever lyrics. I just can’t explain WTF is wrong with Morrissey now! I get the impression Johnny Marr, who seems a really decent bloke, is horrified.

PS Here’s my first Smiths album, bought at time of release:

4724819204_f79e62d743_b.jpg

I just can’t explain WTF is wrong with Morrissey now! I get the impression Johnny Marr, who seems a really decent bloke, is horrified.

I first got an inkling when he released Bengali In Platforms, so he's been heading that way for a long time. Allied to his longstanding obsession with gangster culture (Kray twins especially) I can see how he got where he is now.

Like you, I fail to see how he squares the right wing homophobic stance with his own sexuality.

The Smiths were one of my favourite bands of the ‘80s, I have all the albums, a few 12” singles etc. They were great, just superbly crafted music with funny and rather clever lyrics. I just can’t explain WTF is wrong with Morrissey now! I get the impression Johnny Marr, who seems a really decent bloke, is horrified.

PS Here’s my first Smiths album, bought at time of release:

4724819204_f79e62d743_b.jpg
The Smiths were great, this is a simple fact not mere opinion. Certainly the best British band of the 80s,significantly better than the overpraised Stone Roses. Morrisey is a total prick but he wrote some great songs back in the day.

Morrissey has been a right-wing knobhead for a long time. Friends of mine have been fans of his for decades, which made me think they were weird in the head. Even they have stopped going to his gigs.

Jack

Algorithm Morrissey is crap but it's still better than anything the Actual Morrissey has put out over the past 20 years.

advertisement

Back