advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there will be a select lucky few of us meeting up with Captain LakeWest :)

Awesome! Well, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that we'd be keen for some feedback... hopefully John has an MDAC2 DDA to show you all. It'd be great to hear what you all make of it!

Lol sorry for the confusion ...I meant there are some of us here fortunate enough to be going :)

I’d love to be there, but I cannot afford after blowing £500’ish on a new replacement SVS SB13 amplifier module (SVS refuse to repair their hardware and nobody else wants to touch their bespoke wares argh)!!! :-(

The LCD came on (by Digital) but no output from Amp ...it would have been a single component gracefully failed, but nobody would touch it i.e. Class D Vendors or repair companies in the U.K.

I sold it on eBay as Spares and got about £30 8-/

At least I have a new 5 year warranty on the new amp now...but it still hurt as I don’t blast the daylights out of my flat with high SPL, thought it would last longer than it did!

The LCD came on (by Digital) but no output from Amp ...it would have been a single component gracefully failed, but nobody would touch it i.e. Class D Vendors or repair companies in the U.K.

I sold it on eBay as Spares and got about £30 8-/

At least I have a new 5 year warranty on the new amp now...but it still hurt as I don’t blast the daylights out of my flat with high SPL, thought it would last longer than it did!

Did you get the new SVS sub, SB-4000 maybe?

No, it’s actually the SB13 Plus (exact same as Ultra, but nicer cabinet in my opinion with magnetic grill instead of plugs) ... I think I’d go back to BK Subwoofers one day, so easy to repair and cheap.....and don’t seem to sound any worse than REL etc as snobby as people pretend to be about BK ;-)

Anyone had any news from the Munich High-End ?

so another major hifi event in progress and not a single update here or on facebook !
added to that some members here are apparently due to meet up/have met but again silence !

or have I missed an announcement ?

I'll post pics of the "dummy" MDAC2 chassis I had with me for Munich (as soon as I have access to a camera) - complete with front panel, before I drop it off with the software team who will start on the front panel software.

I also had a meeting with Bob Stuart and have the green light to have MDAC2 / FDAC MQA certified (each modulator version requires its own MQA certification).

PCB files issued today for the development hardware (CM3 / MDAC2 Display interface / System APi interface emulator) - the PCB's should be here within the next 10 days.

A month or so ago I was asked by someone here on PFM if I still had a Lakewest Mini streamer available - while preparing for Munich I found one hidden behind a speaker on the lab bench :) ... GBP350 + shipping (essentially the same as the Project streamer) which retails for 700 euros...

The streamer supports Roon, Tidal, Qobuz, DLNA, BT, Spotify (not Spotify connect - which in the process of certification and will be offered via an Over the Air update) and is Airplay compatible.

We are working on adding external USB ADC "recording" mode to help archive LP's onto a NAS drive or internal storage in the case of the MDAC2 / FDAC - this will be available as an update for the very few existing mini-streamer owners

The Ministreamer also offers a basic USB Detox mode and the we have updated the firmware to allow external USB Detox mode while the streamer section is in standby (With the streamer in standby, hold down the Detox switch until Detox LED is lit).

This is the last Lakewest Ministreamer available - (European sale only).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back