advertisement

Munich Hi-End

Any sign of the new MDAC there?

Munich is a High-end show.

... cruel, but possibly true. :)

From a happy basic MDAC user, George

Reactions: GT
That's not interval training BTW. It also depends where you live, in Sheffield you need gears.

I am not an expert on training, cycling or Sheffield but would have thought that the combination of medium resistance (when cycling on a flat surface), heavy going
(cycling uphill on the same gear) and relaxing (on downward slopes) would be deemed to be intervall training. All those gears on modern expensive bikes seem designed to ensure constant resistance no matter what the surface. If it is not training but transport you are after, the gears make a lot more sense.

Br
Hans

I am not an expert on training, cycling or Sheffield but would have thought that the combination of medium resistance (when cycling on a flat surface), heavy going
(cycling uphill on the same gear) and relaxing (on downward slopes) would be deemed to be intervall training. All those gears on modern expensive bikes seem designed to ensure constant resistance no matter what the surface. If it is not training but transport you are after, the gears make a lot more sense.

Br
Hans
Interval training is more about raising heart rate, recovering & going again; hills don't always do this. Like most cardio excercise it doesn't get easier you just go faster for the same level of effort. Hence why cyclists always look so miserable. Pretty much every form of excercise usually involves buying better kit as you go along, you are unlikely to see a runner in boots just because it's harder;)

Here might be your innovative technology Tony...

2019_munich_leo_6194.jpg

^^I can see that set up going down well with SWMBO.

One ad somewhere back in the first 20 pages or so just about sums it up to me - "when art meets hi-fi", or something along those lines.

Even if you had the dosh, as someone commented earlier, how do you go and compare two or three pairs of speakers for a proper audition...? More suppliers than customers...seems like it is almost unsellable unless someone is willing to buy it on the looks alone...which may be the case in many instances?

One ad somewhere back in the first 20 pages or so just about sums it up to me - "when art meets hi-fi", or something along those lines.

They have to say that because sure as hell most of those systems can't reproduce music to any level of realism...

The biggest improvement that the 'myhighend' photo coverage could make would be an index of featured brands (given the search function appears to be useless).

I do get the 'sensory overload' aspect. But the hifi industry can't be maintained on s/h sales of 40 year old 'classics.'

But then again, one of my clients suggested to me a couple of weeks back that in 5 years time Munich likely won't exist, or at least not in its current pre-eminent form, and that it (or its successor) will almost certainly be held in China.

advertisement

Back