advertisement

Tinnitus

I bought three months' worth of Tebonin ginko biloba tablets, on the advice of my ear/nose/throat doctor as well as from folks on this thread. The doc also suggested taking lipoflavonoid pills. I started taking both today and will report back if they help!

(I have tinnitus in my right ear -- which also developed shortly after getting a flu shot.)

just thought I'd wake this thread to see if the pill takers above found that the pills worked/helped at all? My on and off tinitus that has been a friend for 10 years or so became, last jan ON and ON and is screaming at me right now in a very unfriendly manner. Not been to the doc yet since I thought i remembered that Tinitus = tuff luck mate, but then remembered this thread. Life raft welcomed.
I have tinnitus in my left ear and started taking Linden's Ginkgo Biloba after reading this thread. I thought there was some improvement but couldn't be really sure. So when tablets ran out I didn't bother to buy any more. After a week or two I noticed that my tinnitus was getting worse! I have purchased another pack of the Linden's and I'm fairly certain that the tinnitus is improving. Upshot is that I will continue taking these until I find a more effective remedy. Hope this helps :)

CBD oil has been working for my tinnitus. Lots of info on the web.
There are many different causes for tinnitus. Usually a combination of things as opposed to a single causal factor.
With my tinnitus, anxiety/stress is a factor. The CBD oil greatly reduces my anxiety, and as a result, my tinnitus.
YMMV...

I bought three months' worth of Tebonin ginko biloba tablets, on the advice of my ear/nose/throat doctor as well as from folks on this thread. The doc also suggested taking lipoflavonoid pills. I started taking both today and will report back if they help!(I have tinnitus in my right ear -- which also developed shortly after getting a flu shot.)

Joe, did you have the over or under 65s flu vaccine? You probably know that there was two different types of vaccine available last winter. The over 65s vaccine had something called an adjuvant added for the first time I believe, and I'm wondering if this new additive, which supposed to boost the immune system, may have something to do with my formerly almost non existent tinnitus going crazy just two days after the jab as I've never had any issues with the dozen+ flu jabs I've previously had..

I developed some tinnitis a few years ago for no particular reason that I know of - for me it was a sort of 'resonance' in one ear. Most noticeable when in the car, or just after.
As said, it gradually faded a bit, but more important was that I got used to it so as I sit here, I can hear the high-pitched noise in my head, but only when I purposely listen for it. In everyday life it's not a problem, not even while listening to the hifi.
I make sure I don't listen to music at high levels.
To the OP - I suspect (and hope) it will disappear in time.

I suspect I’m he same as you. When driving the car I’ve got a sort of “crunchy rumble” in my right ear. It seems to be pressure related. I have mild low level whine in the same ear, but it’s only noticeable in quiet places. It doesn’t affect me in everyday life and my generally hearing is still good.

thanks chaps...mine was on and pff low level for maybe 10/15 years and never bothered me, but this isconstant day and night loud and scfeechy...like the very top of a white noise signal and it uis getting to me a tad. Been thois way now for 3 or 4 months. I DID have the over 65 flu jab but that was back in November, and the tin started up about Feb IIRC.

My tinnitus has been worse the last few months - I had the over 65 jab as well. Interesting. I’m going to give the Ginko Biloba a go - can’t do any harm.

My tinnitus has been worse the last few months - I had the over 65 jab as well. Interesting. I’m going to give the Ginko Biloba a go - can’t do any harm.

It is interesting. Obviously I can't be certain that this particular flu vaccine made my tinnitus worse, but one thing I do know for certain is if they have a similar two-tier vaccine scheme next winter, then I'll be explaining the situation and request the under 65 vaccine, which is a decision I arrived at some time before my recent posts here.

Are these the ones?

Lindens Ginkgo Biloba 6000mg Tablets | 100 Pack | Each tablet provides 120mg 50:1 ginkgo biloba leaf extract, equivalent to 6000mg whole dried leaf, standardised to provide 24% Flavone Glycosides and 6% Terpene https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BFX9VL0/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Yes those are the ones. I’ve just bought some too. Don’t have much hope though. I’ve had tinnitus for years and the last few it has become much worse in my left ear, so much that I sold all my hifi due to no longer being able to enjoy it.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Yes those are the ones. I’ve just bought some too. Don’t have much hope though. I’ve had tinnitus for years and the last few it has become much worse in my left ear, so much that I sold all my hifi due to no longer being able to enjoy it.

Ok thanks for the confirmation. Sorry to read of your situation. I hope they bring you some relief.

I'm going to order some now. I've had tinnitus on and off for years. Last year I had an ear infection and the tinnitus has been constant for the last 12 months.

sorry to both of you...It's an odd thing...such a small thing in terms of the pain some feel with other illnesses, but so very intrusive, persistent and annoying. I find it best when I just get on and DO stuff...forget it/tune it out. Bloody nasty at night when it's 3am and screaming at you.

sorry to both of you...It's an odd thing...such a small thing in terms of the pain some feel with other illnesses, but so very intrusive, persistent and annoying. I find it best when I just get on and DO stuff...forget it/tune it out. Bloody nasty at night when it's 3am and screaming at you.
Yes it thrives on quietness.

Joe, did you have the over or under 65s flu vaccine? You probably know that there was two different types of vaccine available last winter. The over 65s vaccine had something called an adjuvant added for the first time I believe, and I'm wondering if this new additive, which supposed to boost the immune system, may have something to do with my formerly almost non existent tinnitus going crazy just two days after the jab as I've never had any issues with the dozen+ flu jabs I've previously had..

Hi Moffer,

I'm in the US and this was about 5 years ago -- I believe there was only one vaccine at the time (I would have been 36 then). Like you, my tinnitus appeared a couple days after the shot and has never gone away. My ear doc said that the tinnitus (which is caused by hearing loss) was likely the result of a virus and that I just was "unlucky".

Two days on gingko biloba and lipoflavonoids -- here's hoping!

--Joe

Hi Moffer,

I'm in the US and this was about 5 years ago -- I believe there was only one vaccine at the time (I would have been 36 then). Like you, my tinnitus appeared a couple days after the shot and has never gone away. My ear doc said that the tinnitus (which is caused by hearing loss) was likely the result of a virus and that I just was "unlucky".

Two days on gingko biloba and lipoflavonoids -- here's hoping!

--Joe

Thanks Joe,

My GP prescribed a month's course of pills used to treat Meniere's Disease but they didn't seem to help any, which didn't surprise me as I wasn't experiencing any vertigo so the chance of Meniere's causing my tinnitus was very slim.

We are being injected with a virus, albeit very low level, when we have the flu jab. So it seems a bit odd that your ear doc did not say it was a possible cause seeing that he thought your tinnitus was likely the result of a virus.

Good luck with the tablets.

I went to a gig in Bristol recently to see a band called 65daysofstatic. They were a decent math rock outfit a few years back but seem to have gone down a highly experimental computer generated/algorithmic route... The venue was a large warehouse in an industrial estate, with the main entrance coming into the front side of the stage. Getting in there fairly late meant no choice but to stay in quite close proximity to the PA rig... The whole thing was unmelodic, extremely loud and I spent most of it behind the left speaker near the merch table to stay way from the worst of the SPLs being chucked out. Clearly, the sound engineer was a sadistic bar steward... Visually a memorable night but aurally it was probably the worst thing I have listened to. Nearly 2 weeks on, despite wearing ear plugs I still have a persistent ringing in my right ear. It's become very sensitive all of sudden to loud noise and discomfort.

It's bloody annoying and causing a general lack of sleep and concentration. I've worn ear plugs at venues for 10 years now to look after my hearing and this is the first time an event has left me with any kind of ringing. Sadly this has co-coincided with the purchase of new speakers which I can't really enjoy at the moment. Am really hoping it's temporary and not a long term thing, however doctor google seems to suggest that 14 days is the maximum duration for "temporary" tinitus.

Have any of you guys experienced it for longer and does it tend to ease over time?
Have had it for a few years now it's never went away. As much as it's annoying you learn to live with it. I still enjoy music. Watching TV is the worst time for me.

Yes, differentiating quieter speech from scenes with background music (which becomes more foreground) is hardest. Some sound engineers on TV programs should have their ar5es kicked TBH. Had it for 15 years, stress / anxiety related and a constant 'shriek' in both ears. I find it also tends to affect my ability to hear fine details in music and is worst when quiet. Don't notice it when busy tho'. Will give the tablets mentioned up-thread a go.
Cheers,
AP

Does anyone who bought these have any feedback on them? I bought some and it's taken mine down from an average level of 6/10 to 3/10.
Of course, there could be a lot of other factors there but it'll be interesting to hear others' experiences.

interesting topic, I have Tinnitus caused by hearing loss, I am 50 and it had got worse in the last 2/3 years. it is a moderate low resonant hum which is the first thing I notice when I wake up, not sure if it has made my system sound different if I am honest.

Will try the tablets - worth a go.

I also work in a noisy environment, i wear ear plugs which seems to really highlight the resonant hum - very annoying condition which has over the last year really got me down to a point where my interest in hifi has waned significantly - some of my lps sound quite dull.

Does anyone who bought these have any feedback on them? I bought some and it's taken mine down from an average level of 6/10 to 3/10.
Of course, there could be a lot of other factors there but it'll be interesting to hear others' experiences.

How long have you been taking them? I bought some a couple of weeks back but had no improvement yet.

advertisement

Back