advertisement

€500 vs €900 HIFI USB CABLE Comparison...

Lad, maybe spend some time fixing your website, instead of posting here? The offers section is plainly bs, the news section last updated in 2014, etc.

You’re just making yourself and your company look daft / untrustworthy.

Amen to that.

Ask him about his Hegel in stock options and prices.

Lad, maybe spend some time fixing your website, instead of posting here? The offers section is plainly bs, the news section last updated in 2014, etc.

I am continually amazed at the way some hifi retailers behave on this site, puts me right off ever going to one.

Theres nothing worse than an out of date website. Unless you're using the way back machine.

There's nothing worse than an out of date website.

I'd say a poke in the eye with a sharp stick would be worse? A car crash, that might be worse as well. Someone dropping a large hammer on your nuts from ten feet up, yeah I'd take an out of date website over that any day.

Just bears repeating ad-infinitum.

I asked my local guy about his website because it was often out of date. He had stuff listed he sold months ago and new stuff he hadn't listed yet.

He said he's a one-man show and, because he's not web savvy, had to hire a company to create and maintain the site for him. Updates happen when he has time to ask the webbie company to update the site, which he often doesn't get to, being a one-man show.

I suppose you might say why bother with a website then, but he said it lists his phone number and hours of operation and if someone calls or visits he can show what he has in stock on in on trade.

Joe

I asked my local guy about his website because it was often out of date. He had stuff listed he sold months ago and new stuff he hadn't listed yet.

He said he's a one-man show and, because he's not web savvy, had to hire a company to create and maintain the site for him. Updates happen when he has time to ask the webbie company to update the site, which he often doesn't get to, being a one-man show.

I suppose you might say why bother with a website then, but he said it lists his phone number and hours of operation and if someone calls or visits he can show what he has in stock on in on trade.

Joe

Sure... and instead of asking that company to simply erase the stuff that was sold ages ago he asks them to keep everything for all eternity...

Sure... and instead of asking that company to simply erase the stuff that was sold ages ago he asks them to keep everything for all eternity...

It gains traffic with the keywords...but as you, I and no doubt many others have found it just annoys the heck out of you having to trawl through it all to find the occasional piece that isn't SOLD, so its ultimately counter productive.

You dont really need to be web savy to remove or update those listings, an hours tutorial and even the most tech phobe could manage it on a regular basis.

What a complete load of tosh! Unfortunately someone will be convinced.
Currently have my Devialet connected via Ethernet cable to my mini Mac (not the £1000 audio quality guff pedalled by certain manufacturers) so my days of USB connections are long gone.
Sounds superb by the way :)

What a complete load of tosh! Unfortunately someone will be convinced.

It's easy if you've not done your homework. Years ago I bought a new TV and scoured around until I found the best deal on it. Then spent £25 on a 'quality' HDMI cable to go with it!

advertisement

Back