advertisement

Blind Faith half speed master

Not underrated here. I have two copies, an original with the girl/model plane cover and another original with the band cover. I was thinking that I should get this but then is the SQ better?

Not underrated here. I have two copies, an original with the girl/model plane cover and another original with the band cover. I was thinking that I should get this but then is the SQ better?
Yes, I’ve been wondering much the same thing. If half speed mastering is better SQ, why aren’t all LP’s half speed?

A great album IMHO; I have an original copy of the LP, but I'd be tempted by this.

Yes, I’ve been wondering much the same thing. If half speed mastering is better SQ, why aren’t all LP’s half speed?

Because back in the days of mass manufacturing time was money and half speed mastering cost more money to make the masters.

I have that new copy for two days, in addition to a version from 1969 (ATCO), a Simply Vinyl and an Original Master Record. The new half speed is imho the best.

They have increased the bass range, which is very good for the overall impression.

As a Blind Faith fan, the version is a must have...

Picked up my copy today. Not happy with the pressing - quite noisy through “Had to Cry Today”. SQ seems very good so hopefully when I pick up a replacement the surface noise issue will prove to be a one-off.

advertisement

Back