advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread part II

It would have been a draw if Hazard hadn't hit the post and converted another chance.

Chelsea made it to the break easily enough, but slack defending early in the second half allowed Liverpool to score. The second goal by Salah though was a cracker, from outside the area into the top corner.

The commentator said Kepa didn't have a chance to get the ball, but this isn't quite true. He was flying through the air and made some great saves during the game. He's well worth the money Chelsea paid for him.

Sarri's response to this? He brought on Higuain for Hudson-Odoi. It was great that the latter and Loftus-Cheek started the game and both played really well. The only drawback was Odoi didn't run into the penalty area to be passed to. This is meant to be Higuain's speciality.

The Argentinian came on and didn't do much. At one point the ball fell at his feet in the area. He was free to shoot, but didn't. The next second he was robbed by a Liverpool player.

The chances of Chelsea finishing in the top four are slim. The Salah goal and Higuain's mediocrity highlight the problem.

If Chelsea hadn't sold Salah, they wouldn't need to fork out for old crocs like Higuain. The then football director and the Russian bird who controls the cash are responsible for this.

We have over 40 players out on loan, some of whom are great. Chelsea put making money before the needs of the club.

Jack
Chelsea’s problem highlighted here

Chelsea’s problem highlighted here

Çaptures it well. Chelsea also had Kevin de Bruyne for three years. He appeared 3 times for the first team and was sold. I mean how stupid was that? This is the kind of thing which happens when accountants are in charge of transfers.

To get into the top 4, Chelsea have to win the rest of their games this season and Spurs, Utd or Arsenal must lose one. I haven't yet checked out the chances of this.

I should add, I suppose, that Liverpool are playing pretty good football this year.

Jack

Çaptures it well. Chelsea also had Kevin de Bruyne for three years. He appeared 3 times for the first team and was sold. I mean how stupid was that? This is the kind of thing which happens when accountants are in charge of transfers.

To get into the top 4, Chelsea have to win the rest of their games this season and Spurs, Utd or Arsenal must lose one. I haven't yet checked out the chances of this.

I should add, I suppose, that Liverpool are playing pretty good football this year.

Jack
Well, Arsenal have Watford tonight. Tough game unless they wear their big boy pants. United have City, and there aren't enough big boy pants in the world for that.

Well, Arsenal have Watford tonight. Tough game unless they wear their big boy pants. United have City, and there aren't enough big boy pants in the world for that.
That all sounds great were it not for the likelihood that Chelsea will drop more points this season.

Possibly a bit more to it than that, according to the man himself. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47932597
"Jose called me into his office in December, and it was probably the second big life-changing moment for me. He had some papers in front of him, and he said, 'One assist. Zero goals. Ten recoveries'," De Bruyne said.

"It took me a minute to understand what he was doing. Then he started reading the stats of the other attacking forwards - Willian, Oscar, Mata, Schürrle. And it's like - five goals, 10 assists, whatever.

"Jose was just kind of waiting for me to say something, and finally I said, 'But… some of these guys have played 15, 20 games. I've only played three. So it's going to be different, no?'

"It was so strange. I was completely honest. I said, 'I feel like the club doesn't really want me here. I want to play football. I'd rather you sell me.'"

Troppo cojones

v1.bTsxMTE2NjczMztqOzE4MDg0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

Troppo cojones

v1.bTsxMTE2NjczMztqOzE4MDg0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

Still can't decide if that was a straight Red or not. Troy is a physical player & loves the battle but going in with your elbow is naughty so on reflection, yeah it was a Red. Shame as it sounds like they'd have stood a real chance with 11 v 11 but still made a game of it anyway.

Still can't decide if that was a straight Red or not. Troy is a physical player & loves the battle but going in with your elbow is naughty so on reflection, yeah it was a Red. Shame as it sounds like they'd have stood a real chance with 11 v 11 but still made a game of it anyway.

Deeney teeters on the edge between being no-nonsense and being a little naughty. If he can harness his will to win at any cost then he is laughing. Watford were decent last night.

Deeney well overdue a red card, complete thug.

Brighton fans, big night tonight. As a Palace fan I would normally be devoid of empathy but we are talking Warnock here and besides, Hughton and Murray are good eggs. Good luck tonight.

advertisement

Back