advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread part II

Knockaert. Deserved the red.

BBC didn't show the incident with Mepham and Andone. The second week in a row that one of our players got a face full of face. Only a yellow card shown, AGAIN. Perhaps our guys ought to throw themselves to the floor in these circumstances.

Knockaert. Deserved the red.

BBC didn't show the incident with Mepham and Andone. The second week in a row that one of our players got a face full of face. Only a yellow card shown, AGAIN. Perhaps our guys ought to throw themselves to the floor in these circumstances.
I presume VAR will be used for good, not evil, so hopefully next season we will be able to see a bit of instant justice. Not Plymouth though - VAR will never venture as far down into the depths!

No, you asked whether he had been done for benefit fraud - knowing all the while that he had. You can't compare my moral compass to your low measure, just because I won't gleefully snipe at the dead.

FYI, I came in at the end of this thread. Surely the default position on Smith's racist attitude is disgust - I don't need to state anything unless I think otherwise.

So benefit fraud is ok then? .. you're flapping mate, because your point has naff all to do with the subject matter, but about talking bad of the dead, so whether it's benefit fraud, or racism, it matters not. Your churlish comment was aimed at me, even though I quoted the racism comment too, so don't try and hide behind coming in late either. You're picking and choosing your arguments, and whatever anyone says when i'm gone, I couldn't really care less, because i'm none of the above.

Expecting a hammering at Anfield today - can't see lightning striking twice:(

Maybe Sarri will use himself as a sub and score a goal. :D

Went to a party at Groucho's last night thrown by the guy who started The Wag Club in the '80's. Met people I hadn't seen for decades, including a journalist/director who has made a documentary about Kraftwerk.

I went along with a couple of mates, one of whom is a rabid Utd supporter. He works as a chef on the boats of very rich people and has a job starting in Barcelona next week.

He is flying out on Wednesday, rather than Tuesday, because he doesn't want to experience the ignominy of watching Utd lose against the Messi maestros.

Jack

Way to ponder it yourself.

I don't need to ponder it... you can keep your self righteous, sanctimonious and condescending final comment. You dug yourself into a hole, changing your story and tried to make yourself out to be the paragon of virtue. Enjoy your superiority complex, it's built on sand, sunshine.

It would have been a draw if Hazard hadn't hit the post and converted another chance.

Chelsea made it to the break easily enough, but slack defending early in the second half allowed Liverpool to score. The second goal by Salah though was a cracker, from outside the area into the top corner.

The commentator said Kepa didn't have a chance to get the ball, but this isn't quite true. He was flying through the air and made some great saves during the game. He's well worth the money Chelsea paid for him.

Sarri's response to this? He brought on Higuain for Hudson-Odoi. It was great that the latter and Loftus-Cheek started the game and both played really well. The only drawback was Odoi didn't run into the penalty area to be passed to. This is meant to be Higuain's speciality.

The Argentinian came on and didn't do much. At one point the ball fell at his feet in the area. He was free to shoot, but didn't. The next second he was robbed by a Liverpool player.

The chances of Chelsea finishing in the top four are slim. The Salah goal and Higuain's mediocrity highlight the problem.

If Chelsea hadn't sold Salah, they wouldn't need to fork out for old crocs like Higuain. The then football director and the Russian bird who controls the cash are responsible for this.

We have over 40 players out on loan, some of whom are great. Chelsea put making money before the needs of the club.

Jack

Last edited:
If a few members continue to get a little frothy they will find they’re not allowed to post in this thread for a little while. I’m sure we can calm down gentlemen...

Thanks

Well played Liverpool. I thought Chelsea were worth a goal which could have made it interesting but overall no complaints.
I can't believe that Chelsea didn't score. That period after the second Liverpool goal, Hazard was on fire, and just lacked the rub of the green to get the rewards that his efforts deserved.

advertisement

Back