advertisement

Scala Radio is now live!

windhoek

The Phoolosopher
The new station for classical music, Scala, has begun broadcasting on DAB radio. I just saw an article about it on the beeb and have re-auto-tuned my DAB radio accordingly (I knew it was coming but I forgot today was launch day, as it were). I can't say much about it yet as the news has just finished and the music has just begun playing again. Anyway, retune your DAB radios and you'll be able to hear it for yourselves :)

Yeah, so far it's shortish stuff - maybe they keep the longer stuff for evening/night time... if at all.

Am quite enjoying Scala on the drive commute - which is only around 20 minutes.

Music best described as 'orchestral' rather than purely classical. Quite a lot of orchestral versions of well known tunes from other genres. Heard a Coldplay track played by Cello and Piano this morning. Much better than Coldplays' own version!

Yes, the same problem with Classic FM. It seems that you're a music snob if you prefer to listen to a whole work rather than the highlights.

So be it. I'm a music snob it would seem. :cool:

I could probably put up with meaty chunks now and then (e.g. having a shower, getting dressed etc) but the last time I sampled what someone here dubbed 'Carsick FM' the presenter was Myleene Klass. Meaty chunks with syrup, anyone?

advertisement

Back