advertisement

Why does Radio Paradise sound so good?

I'm missing having a DJ after a while... still got it on as background in workshop though. Excellent on screen info but if not in front of the screen you're thinking "hmm that was good I wonder who it was" without a DJ to tell you and fill in a bit of background info.

I really like the sound using the FLAC different mix options, though presently the announcer voice announcements are coming in midway through tracks. The 'stereo' aspects of the mix sound more pronounced than I hear on my other sources, not sure if this is an artifact or better retrieval but at present I like it.

I'm missing having a DJ after a while... still got it on as background in workshop though. Excellent on screen info but if not in front of the screen you're thinking "hmm that was good I wonder who it was" without a DJ to tell you and fill in a bit of background info.

RP complete playlist is listed on their website which is even easier than trying to note down a DJ talking over the end of great music.

i'm a FIP fanatic -listening now, in fact- and all i can get is 192K, which they recently bumped up from 128K, the rate at which they streamed for years. it was a nice increase in sound quality.

but this... this is interesting. i'm going to have to look into it. i might actually get a Naim streamer if doing so would give me FIP at 320K.

I think there might be a bit of confusion going on - I've got a Naim streamer, and I can't see any version of FIP that's at more than 192. Nothing listed on vtuner, either. I suspect julifriend may be talking about the RP Naim stream. It'd be nice if not, though.

Weirdly, I've noticed that while the main FIP stream is at 192 and does sound clearer, the Nantes stream at 128 has a bit of a low end boost and so sounds a bit warmer. Just in case that floats anyone's boat.

I've no experience of streaming music and tend to listen to locally stored flac files or CD's but having stumbled on this thread decided to give RP a whirl.
Initial impressions are that it's a great way to discover new artists and the sound quality is excellent.
Is there any way to create personal playlists as I'm struggling to find such a function?

I've no experience of streaming music and tend to listen to locally stored flac files or CD's but having stumbled on this thread decided to give RP a whirl.
Initial impressions are that it's a great way to discover new artists and the sound quality is excellent.
Is there any way to create personal playlists as I'm struggling to find such a function?

There are no playlist personalisation as such with RP, but if you create an account with them, and log on to all your listening devices, there is a 'Heart' button you can hit anytime when you hear something that you like. Then periodically you can go to their main website and see all your rated tracks in one place.

Alternatively, I use the Shazam iOS app to grab and identify a particular track. Save those tracks in Shazam My Shazamed Track, and also into a Spotify playlist - if you are a user.

Otherwise pen and paper works OK ;-)

There are no playlist personalisation as such with RP, but if you create an account with them, and log on to all your listening devices, there is a 'Heart' button you can hit anytime when you hear something that you like. Then periodically you can go to their main website and see all your rated tracks in one place.

Alternatively, I use the Shazam iOS app to grab and identify a particular track. Save those tracks in Shazam My Shazamed Track, and also into a Spotify playlist - if you are a user.

Otherwise pen and paper works OK ;-)
Thanks for that info.

I never have a pen to hand when I need one....If I'm playing RP via the App or Volumio I tend to just screenshot the 'now playing' tab showing artist/album - these tracks get added to my Spotify playlist or I buy the full CD if I want better SQ

LMS users can install "what was that tune" plugin which works with RP, though you can't click on the track to go back and listen again, but I just use Tidal to listen, which is also lossless, so it's a pretty good system all round.

I did read somewhere that Bill used to be a music producer and designed his own kit or EQ for RP.

Sounds brilliant whatever he's done.

Hi Jim.

I think that FLAC is only accesable via the web player in RP, I searched for the URL but could not find one!

advertisement

Back