advertisement

Why does Radio Paradise sound so good?

Radio Paradise does sound very good. I would like to know how one can listen to the Flac stream using LMS on my PC and Squeezebox Touch connected by patch cable not wi-fi. Any one point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Radio Paradise does sound very good. I would like to know how one can listen to the Flac stream using LMS on my PC and Squeezebox Touch connected by patch cable not wi-fi. Any one point me in the right direction? Thanks.

On your LMS web gui click on Settings (Bottom rhc) click on Plugins tab, scroll down to 3rd party, click on Radio Paradise, click apply.

Resatrt LMS (it should be offered).

Return to LMS web gui and refresh the page.

Go to my Apps

ronnie

edit: whilst you are there install the Radio France plugin at the same time

Oh well, I'll have to suffer 192K because I'm not exclusive enough to have any Naim :D

I'm using Volumio with the dedicated RP plugin set to lossless FLAC. Better than the Naim exclusive which is also available but via the Web Radio option on Volumio.

I can also 'cast' the Lossless flac stream from my android tablet using the RP app into a Chromecast plugged into another input on my DAC.

On your LMS web gui click on Settings (Bottom rhc) click on Plugins tab, scroll down to 3rd party, click on Radio Paradise, click apply.

Resatrt LMS (it should be offered).

Return to LMS web gui and refresh the page.

Go to my Apps

ronnie

edit: whilst you are there install the Radio France plugin at the same time

Many thanks Ronnie. I will give it a whirl tomorrow.

I’ve no idea how to find the M3U. I just picked the station from Radio list on the Naim iPhone app. It does say Naim exclusive though.

i'm a FIP fanatic -listening now, in fact- and all i can get is 192K, which they recently bumped up from 128K, the rate at which they streamed for years. it was a nice increase in sound quality.

but this... this is interesting. i'm going to have to look into it. i might actually get a Naim streamer if doing so would give me FIP at 320K.

Yes, go to settings, third party plugins, and it's there.

7655C51F-4B78-4400-9462-DCC8A4AB5CBA_zps6kyzv5da.png

Like so,
6B69219D-32E8-415A-A2F3-E7DC7FE11133_zpssbicjxa9.png

in-app options:
90707BA5-484B-4ADF-BFC3-0B722B0E30A8_zpsgbynwa9s.png

I should clarify - that is not a pastabel Foobar URL, neither for Sonos or VLC. LMS prolly enjoys best third party app dev since it's open source.

But if you runnng doobar on a PC, just fire up the RP webplayer in other window

advertisement

Back