advertisement

Has the used car world gone mad? E39 M5.

Bizarre. They're welcome to it. I thought initially that it was a moneylaundering scam, as in "Where did you get this £10k in cash Sir?" but it appears not, it's a trader. Like lot of shonky overpriced tat, you can keep it.

I think there is one too many zero in the reserve price, judging from the extent of rust and state of disrepair.

2002 BMW E39 M5 69k miles in sterling grey metallic
A sought after and collectable BMW M car, E39 M5 values continue to rise. Munich Legends are selling the car in lieu of settlement for an unpaid bill. The vehicle + keys are available with current V5 in the name of Munich Legends, the car having been in our possession since 2014. There is no MOT and the car has not been on the road or driven for over six years. The car does run, but needs considerable attention. Please do not telephone us direct about the vehicle, as we do not have time to field individual calls. Ideal for spares.

?

Shill bidding no doubt.... Will be offered to the highest ‘ on-fake’ bidder following the auction. 10 for that is a joke.

I remember Mark Webbers one being about 10k about 6 years ago. Should have snapped it up.

Tony, they got
right. My knowledge of econonics is basic, but even I know you charge what the market wiill bear.

It's Munich Legends selling it - since Tony and Barney sold the business, they've really got into the swing of taking the p*ss with M car prices.

Tony, they got
right. My knowledge of econonics is basic, but even I know you charge what the market wiill bear.

It’s not charging though, is it? This is people bidding too much for a car that could cripple them to get to a decent standard.

Last edited:
I knew zero about this car, just wish I had one to sell. Definitely worth the money.

It’s not charging though, is it? This is people bidding too much for a car that could cripple them to get to a decent standard.
It is, see above comments. A bid is effectively a charge. Also, do you know the bidders? They could be billionaires or DT for all we know.

Last edited:
A close friend has an E39 M5. He has owned it for a couple of years, bought it for about 7k, high mileage but looked after and over-serviced. He laughed his head off at this car, it’s silly. He knows the market, and there’s not anything special about this one.
My mate collected about £1k worth of new parts from BMW yesterday, cam sensors etc, and most spares are available still from BMW. They even gave him 10% discount.

The interior may be worth £500 quid but as a project car to restore its way too expensive!

I wish I'd never chopped in my E39, which was my late father's car, for an E60...the E60 used to creak like a wooden galleon at anchor. Terrible build quality compared to the E39.

Citroen 2CV for sale. Great little runner. May sell steering lock separately. Serious offers only, no tyre kickers.

30dgm1c.jpg

2d91uyr.jpg

I know someone who had a 2CV that looked little better than that, he sold it for a surprisingly large sum of money.

advertisement

Back